The Student Room Group

Girl left me a puzzle to solve... HELP me

Please keep this Anon or delete. Else I'll be in trouble.

---

So I've been in this on/off relationship for a while with a girl I like. And yesterday, in a somewhat deep text conversation where we were discussing being together properly, and nothing much came out of it, after I said good night to her she said to me:

"Goddamnit, John. WDYSEJCICHSY."

(let's say my name is John)

And then she refused to decipher it for me. It's an acronym puzzle. We used to do it regularly to each other for fun but... she really went for a long one this time.

Would really appreciate if we could solve this.

Scroll to see replies

What do you see except Jesus Christ in camouflage holding smelly y-fronts?

Gonna be honest I don't know exactly but is it possible that the initials involve your or her name?
(edited 10 years ago)
The probability of getting it all right is infinitesimally small. I'm not even going to try.
Reply 3
Original post by cant_think_of_name
What do you see except Jesus Christ in camouflage holding smelly y-fronts?

Gonna be honest I don't know exactly but is it possible that the initials involve your or her name?

Haha.

No it doesn't have our initials in it.

I'm so up for getting this I'll probably reward anyone that gets it.

I think you've got the right direction on the first few words, like probably either What do you or Why do you or Why don't you
Original post by Anonymous

---

So I've been in this on/off relationship for a while with a girl I like. And yesterday, in a somewhat deep text conversation where we were discussing being together properly, and nothing much came out of it, after I said good night to her she said to me:

And then she refused to decipher it for me. It's an acronym puzzle. We used to do it regularly to each other for fun but... she really went for a long one this time.

WDYSE JCICHSY is a russian phrase meaning 'THIS IS DIFFICULT'.
Reply 5
Why don't you simply ever just Cichsy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
http://anagram-solver.net/WDYSEJCICHSY?partial=true

Maybe she wants to play chess?

Edit: Just seen it's not an anagram. She still may want to play chess though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7

---

Better get Neil Caffery.

Honestly, I don't think any one would be able to decipher that.
Reply 8

---

Why don't you stop eating jaffa cakes in church, hellishly selfish yo.
Reply 9
I take it this is an acronym rather than an anagram or a cipher?

I'd opt for something like, "({Why/What} Do You Say) Every[thing]" JCICHSY.

Beats me.

It's an acronym not an anagram :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah I didn't read it properly haha
Why do you want to be with someone who can't communicate clearly with you anyway?

You aren't working with special branch, you don't need to deal with that nonsense.
Reply 13

Love this, you've gone anonymous and warned us but given us an acronym that only she would have written. I mean the likelihood of someone else texting a guy that after a deep meaningful conversation within the UK is VERY unlikely mate.

aka. If she see this she's going to know its you lol.

Also its near impossible to help without knowing the content of your deep and meaningful conversation. It would be eas to judge if we could see her texts because it will either be:

Option A: MAN UP AND ASK ME TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. I DONT WANT TO MAKE THE MOVE BUT I WANT YOU AS MY BOYFRIEND BUT WORRIED YOU DON'T.

Option B: I just want to continue how we are.

Given that she's given you a game and thus wants you to think about her when you go to sleep and till you've solved the puzzle = she wants you as her boyfriend.
Reply 14
I love puzzles like these. Except if we solve this one, something actually cool could come about.

The clues/assumptions I think we can make are that it's probably a statement rather than a question, that it's personally addressed to you so is unlikely to be using either your or her name, and maybe that it's a single sentence.

WDY could be:

What do you

Why do you

Why don't you

A number of possibilities for the S:

Say

See

Still

Sometimes

I think it's most likely to be a verb or an adverb followed by a verb.

Pretty difficult.

WDYSEJCICHSY

Why do you say everything just 'cause? I can help save you.

Edit: I agree with the poster above. From a pragmatic perspective, if these are her true feelings and she's nervous about saying them upfront, then she probably digs you. I think you should ask her out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
she digs you. I got Why Dont You SEE THIS!!? , it would make sense. The text would be : Goddamit John , Why Dont(Wont) You SEE This. And if she digs you , that would mean see that i like you? :biggrin: thats the best i got
Give get the D!!! :biggrin:

In all seriousness I think it's adorable (though perhaps frustrating at times) you have this little game between you. She's shy... Scoop her up and tell her you'll be her man :P

So cute....<3
WDYSEJCICHSY

Why Don't You See/Say E, Jesus Christ I Can't HSY

Maybe?
Reply 18
Guys there are some great answers here. I'll take a closer look and respond to some individually later today.

Can we please keep thinking about it? I'm thinking at least £10 reward.

---

It is worth noting that should you search that string of letters on google, this thread is the only result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending