The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Mental health nursing at Nottingham questions

Hi

I'm thinking about applying for mental health nursing at Nottingham, It's currently the university I'm most interested in. At level 3 I'm studying an extended diploma in health and social care, I decided to do this course over A levels because of the work experience you gain from it. I'm now worried that I made the wrong choice because BTEC's aren't thought of as highly as A levels by some universities. I'm aware that Nottingham say BTEC's are accepted as an alternative but do they stick to their word? By the end of my course I should achieve D*D*D*

Is it generally a hard university to get into? Does anybody know BTEC students who have been accepted there? What are the chances of me getting to an interview stage?

Thank you so much
Reply 1
Original post by holleyj7
Hi

I'm thinking about applying for mental health nursing at Nottingham, It's currently the university I'm most interested in. At level 3 I'm studying an extended diploma in health and social care, I decided to do this course over A levels because of the work experience you gain from it. I'm now worried that I made the wrong choice because BTEC's aren't thought of as highly as A levels by some universities. I'm aware that Nottingham say BTEC's are accepted as an alternative but do they stick to their word? By the end of my course I should achieve D*D*D*

Is it generally a hard university to get into? Does anybody know BTEC students who have been accepted there? What are the chances of me getting to an interview stage?

Thank you so much

I know plenty of students who are studying here who did BTECs and similar rather than A Levels, particularly in the faculty of medicine and health sciences which you'll be applying to. If you're predicted D*D*D* as well, then you stand a very good chance! :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm studying nursing at nottingham and most people on mental health did the access course :smile: and the majority did some sort of btec :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending