The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Hey guys, I applied for Law at Edinburgh about a week ago, however I haven't even received a confirmation email or acknowledgement of my application yet? Should I inquire about this or just wait for another week or so to see if it comes through?!
Thanks!

And well done to everyone with offers already!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 601
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Ionut.SB
I think it's kind of important since they've said they would ask for additional documents through MyEd

Luckily, I tried it now and it works :smile:
Is there anyone with a Law offer?! I seem to be the only one who has one :frown:

Edit: Okay there's one other so far, any more? :innocent:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 604
Original post by euphrosyne
Is there anyone with a Law offer?! I seem to be the only one who has one :frown:

I firmed Edinburgh a couple weeks ago! Soooo excited :biggrin: haha don't worry I'm sure there will be more. I don't think Edinburgh has given out offers to Home students just yet. I think they wait until 15 January to make a decision for them...
Reply 605
Original post by jemi38
I firmed Edinburgh a couple weeks ago! Soooo excited :biggrin: haha don't worry I'm sure there will be more. I don't think Edinburgh has given out offers to Home students just yet. I think they wait until 15 January to make a decision for them...

I am international student. I sent my application on 10th Dec. no offers yet. I applied for business . Maybe they are off for Christmas .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sam2141
I am international student. I sent my application on 10th Dec. no offers yet. I applied for business . Maybe they are off for Christmas .

Posted from TSR Mobile

they reopen on january 2 :smile:

international here as well, applied november 22, not reply yet
Reply 607
I applied for International Relations and Politics course almost two months ago as EU, however, the university sent me an email showing Overseas fee status. Therefore, I am being considered as International, I assume. My other friends who have applied for other courses have received an offer or rejection within two weeks after applying. Does anyone know why it's taking so long?
Reply 608
Original post by jemi38

i'm from Scotland and i firmed Edinburgh for Law last week :smile:
Reply 609
Original post by euphrosyne

ahhh me! Unconditional so now i have no motivation for the rest of the school year:biggrin:
Reply 610
Original post by eilidh96

ahhh me! Unconditional so now i have no motivation for the rest of the school year:biggrin:

oh I guess they already started handing out offers then! :smile: Congrats!! I had an unconditional too and have zero motivation right now. School seems to just drag on now... Literally waiting for summer break haha :smile:

I am SO jealous of you! But congratulations, that's amazing! :biggrin:

How come it's an unconditional offer?
Reply 612

congratulations!! That's amazing! Well done
If you don't mind me asking, what were your 'stats' as such?
Like grades, work experience, extra curricular etc)

well done again, you must be so pleased!!
Reply 613
I applied for business too. I am from outside the EU.
Sent my app off on 10th Dec.
I got nothing but an acknowledgement mail. I did not come across anyone who got offers for business. Did you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
got IB 34 555 in my highers for internatiinal relations. typical offer is 40 and my predicted was 33. so you have hope! edinburugh place emphasis on statement and external factors than just grades
Reply 615
aaah thank you! :smile:
I got 4As and B in my Highers and i had work experience with my local MP who used to be on the Cabinet so i was definitely keen to get that ahaha
Other than that, aside from a few youth groups, that was it!

thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 616
Original post by jemi38
oh I guess they already started handing out offers then! :smile: Congrats!! I had an unconditional too and have zero motivation right now. School seems to just drag on now... Literally waiting for summer break haha :smile:

yours for law too? i'm excited to meet people on the same course as me ahaha.
Congratulations to you too! hurry up, September! :biggrin:
Does anyone know if the main library (george square) is open for access to everybody or for students only? Im in town and wanted to give it a look, but Im not (yet) a student...
Reply 618
yours for law too? i'm excited to meet people on the same course as me ahaha.
Congratulations to you too! hurry up, September! :biggrin:

Yeah! I'm doing a joint degree (LLB) Law and International Relations though. :smile:
Reply 619
Original post by bingbob
Yeah :smile: Not getting my hopes up about getting an offer but would love to go! :biggrin: I'm assuming you've applied, where else have you applied? :smile:

Yeah I've applied, 2 for Edinburgh, 2 for Glasgow & 1 for Newcastle! Also applied to royal conservatoire of Scotland! What do you play? Thank god someone has said they've applied for music lol. Where have you applied?

Latest

Trending

Trending