The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sach-okay
Hey sami!

Hopefully you'll hear back from your uni choices soon. I did a similar thing with my ucas application because I wanted it sorted out before the new year and the deadline creeping up behind me.. It must have been about December 17th I sent off my application? But my college didn't complete my reference until January 2nd!

I've applied for East Anglia and Coventry like yourself and, and been invited to interviews in February. Southampton, Bournemouth and Canterbury Christ Church haven't got back to me...yet?

All the best :smile:

Hey! Thanks for the reply :smile:
Oooh you're application got sent off later than mine! Mine got sent off on christmas eve

Congratulations for the interviews!! You'll smash em :biggrin:

I got a rejection from East Anglia this afternoon :frown: No email, just a UCAS notif, they said that I was unlikely to achieve the typical offer...which they are wrong about :wink:
They needed BBB and I got BBC/BCC prediction, ohh welll

All the best!! Let me know what happens
Reply 61
No worries :smile:

It sounds like your college has dedication for their students!

Thank you! Im feeling the nerves slowing building a little though!

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but atleast you still have the other choices!

Okay! I will do. Thank you, best of luck with everything! :smile:
Reply 62
Okay so i'm really panicking about the written task i'll have to do at the interview :'( has anyone done this already and if so how hard is it? And also how well do you have to write in order to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
hey ya

What uni are you applying to?

And yes you write the tasks to get an offer.. so u would have to write as much information about OT as you know (depending on what the task is talking about, im assuming it's about OT anyway lol) but yeahh

It's not really difficult because if you weren't so confident during the interview (e.g a group one) this would be your chance to put down all you know and show your interest on paper..

Dont worry too much about it.. stay positive x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Hey thank you for the reply. I've applied to Northampton, Derby, sheffield hallam, york st John and Teesside.
I'm quite scared about the writing task to be honest hahaha will have to prepare myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
No worries :smile:

So you doing the written task for which uni? Is it a group interview or a one to one?
Just received an interview for Southampton! Anyone else had theirs yet or has one coming up? :smile:
Reply 67
To nowie93.. The interview is for northampton and its a group one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by MissFiifi
To nowie93.. The interview is for northampton and its a group one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you should be fine. . When I went for mine, they told us about the uni, course structure and stuff ..

We got divided into small groups & we had to do a timed essay on OT.. after we went into another room where we were asked questions about why we wanted to do OT and if we had done any relevant work experience..(if u haven't done one with an OT u might want to atleast talk to one).. Then we had to do a group task(organise a trip for disabled kids).
It might not be the same thing you'l do though..
BUT ..
Just make sure u are not too quiet.. give in your own suggestions and if possible be the group leader... talk more but dont dominate..

Goodluck xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
Ohh dear essay? :'( i'm just gonna pray i wont have to do this ahaha.
Thank you soo much, you've really helped :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by LauraDuffy
Hey Rebecca, I've applied to Sheffield Hallam too. Don't worry too much if I recall rightly, Sheffield Hallam give straight offers, not interviews first like the majority of OT courses. I don't think anybody has heard back from them yet.

Don't stress everything will be fine :smile:

I've applied to Sheffield Hallam and have got an interview on the 24th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Has anyone else got an interview for Sheffield Hallam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by emmajane96
Has anyone else got an interview for Sheffield Hallam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey emmajane! When did you receive your interview for Sheffield Hallam and also when did you send off your ucas?
Reply 73
Hey emmajane! When did you receive your interview for Sheffield Hallam and also when did you send off your ucas?

Received my interview on the 23rd of December! Sent my UCAS off mid-November.

Have you applied to Sheffield Hallam too? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Received my interview on the 23rd of December! Sent my UCAS off mid-November.

Have you applied to Sheffield Hallam too? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I'm worried now :s-smilie: I sent mine off mid November or just before and haven't heard from them yet.
Where else have you applied and have you had anymore interviews/offers? X
Reply 75
Oh right, I'm worried now :s-smilie: I sent mine off mid November or just before and haven't heard from them yet.
Where else have you applied and have you had anymore interviews/offers? X

Oh don't worry! I'm sure they'll contact you soon enough! I haven't heard of anyone else getting interviews so I'm worried that it means my application wasn't good enough! Haha.

I've also applied to Glyndwr, University of Liverpool, Brunel and Glasgow Caledonian.
I've received a conditional offer from Brunel which I'm over the moon about!!

What about yourself, where have you applied to? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Oh don't worry! I'm sure they'll contact you soon enough! I haven't heard of anyone else getting interviews so I'm worried that it means my application wasn't good enough! Haha.

I've also applied to Glyndwr, University of Liverpool, Brunel and Glasgow Caledonian.
I've received a conditional offer from Brunel which I'm over the moon about!!

What about yourself, where have you applied to? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully! Oh no I'm sure that's not the case. Good luck for it anyway!

Well done on the offer from Brunel, I bet you were over the moon! Have you not had any interviews from the others yet?

I've applied to Coventry, Cumbria, Northampton, Derby and Sheffield Hallam. I've got interviews for Cumbria, Northampton and Derby and I've got a conditional offer from Coventry which is my first choice so I was really pleased about that! Just waiting to hear something from Sheffield!
Reply 77
Original post by Catherine_H
Just received an interview for Southampton! Anyone else had theirs yet or has one coming up? :smile:

Hey! Congrats on the interview! I applied for southampton but im yet to hear anything from them :frown: how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Reply 78
Yeah hopefully! Oh no I'm sure that's not the case. Good luck for it anyway!

Well done on the offer from Brunel, I bet you were over the moon! Have you not had any interviews from the others yet?

I've applied to Coventry, Cumbria, Northampton, Derby and Sheffield Hallam. I've got interviews for Cumbria, Northampton and Derby and I've got a conditional offer from Coventry which is my first choice so I was really pleased about that! Just waiting to hear something from Sheffield!

Thank you very much!
Nope, I've only heard from Brunel and Sheffield Hallam so far!

Ah well done!! That's absolutely brilliant! Good luck with all your interviews! You're gonna be a busy woman!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from UWE? x

Latest

Trending

Trending