The Student Room Group

Tips for Occupational Therapy Interviews

Hey, I have applied to quite a few unis in the UK for Occupational Therapy (I'm an international student) and have gotten replies from a few Unis asking for interviews. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me for the interviews? What kind of questions do they normally ask?
Original post by s.leanne
Hey, I have applied to quite a few unis in the UK for Occupational Therapy (I'm an international student) and have gotten replies from a few Unis asking for interviews. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me for the interviews? What kind of questions do they normally ask?

Usual questions are why do you want to study occupational therapy, why this uni and questions on your personal statement and work/volunteering experience. Learn the NHS core values and six Cs of care, and bring these in if you are asked any scenario questions.
(edited 2 months ago)
Have a good understanding of what Occupational Therapy is (maybe watch some Youtube Videos) and the different skills that are needed so that you can incorporate it into all your questions alongside the NHS core values. Stuff like team work, communication skills, equity, etc. Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by bluemadhatter
Have a good understanding of what Occupational Therapy is (maybe watch some Youtube Videos) and the different skills that are needed so that you can incorporate it into all your questions alongside the NHS core values. Stuff like team work, communication skills, equity, etc. Hope this helps!
Thank you!
Good luck, have you had any yet? I agree with all the other threads but another thing to add - have a question or two ready to ask yourself. Maybe it can be about the course structure/ do you get support on placements etc. It just shows that you want to find out info from them too, that you’re serious. I’ve had interviews for all my choices and having one question just helped round it off at the end. Best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending