The Student Room Group

Swedish Left Party Seeks To Ban Men From Peeing While Standing Up

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This actually is much more sanitary. Obviously some men are responsible and can pee where they're meant to, but judging by the state of public men's rooms, quite a few take way too much liberty from the fact that they won't need to clean up after themselves and just seem to let it fly everywhere. There's also that culture of shaking, which doesn't help.

It also surprises me of how many men just shrug when they get urine droplets on their trousers after using the restroom. :yucky:
Reply 21
Original post by miser
Wouldn't be against legislation of this sort. I've always thought peeing from standing and 'shaking off' was less sanitary, and it's obviously messier. Also in favour of progress towards genderless toilets.

You really want to pee in one of those weird sit-down urinals?
They'll be telling us we can't poop in the sink next.

Political correctness gone mad.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
How do they even see putting the ban into place? Are they gonna check that every man in the public rest room does it whilst seating down? Cameras in the cubicles and if you do it standing up, there would be a bunch of angry feminists waiting for you by the exit :colone:
:rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by chazwomaq
They'll be telling us we can't sh*t in the sink next.

Political correctness gone mad.

..............you **** in the sink?
Reply 25
Original post by Kiss

As is the modern "man"
Reply 26
Original post by Kiss
Source: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/352108

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/sweden-left-party-toilet-stand_n_1590572.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

This is one of the biggest jokes I've ever heard. Then again, I shouldn't be entirely surprised coming from Scandinavian feminists.

''Puddles on the floor'' :rofl: I guess cleaners had enough of doing the dirty cleaning up...
They try to cover up their dissatisfaction with men standing up whilst peeing by saying there are many health benefits to sitting down method - that's hilarious! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Kiss
..............you **** in the sink?

Either that or he is a troll. But he is quite funny one - I will confess I laughed :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Rational Thinker
What a farce. I would also dispute that sitting down at the toilet is more hygienic, the male/female would be touching a toilet covered with germs, so I cannot see how it is more sanitary.

Actually the actual toilet seat is generally suite clean and contains low enough bacteria, in most cases, that food could actually be prepared on it. The toilet door handle or the flushing handle are significantly dirtier. Most kitchens in fact contain more bacteria than your toilet seat.
Stupid feminists.
Reply 30
Original post by beccac94
Actually the actual toilet seat is generally suite clean and contains low enough bacteria, in most cases, that food could actually be prepared on it. The toilet door handle or the flushing handle are significantly dirtier. Most kitchens in fact contain more bacteria than your toilet seat.

It's okay - I will stick to the kitchen. The stats may be true, but still the cleaner location is too disturbing for me to change my mind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by SoftPunch
It's okay - I will stick to the kitchen. The stats may be true but still disturbing, I won't be changing my routine any time soon.

haha I think the more worrying issue is why are our toilets so clean and our kitchens aren't. Plus toilet seats aren't very big and the food would fall into the toilet water...not that I've tried it though :P
Reply 32
haha I think the more worrying issue is why are our toilets so clean and our kitchens aren't. Plus toilet seats aren't very big and the food would fall into the toilet water...not that I've tried it though :P

But are this stats are hard to believe... imagine having blood stains or pee stains on the toilet seats...arghhhh... Yes, I agree with you - it sends shivers down the spine :s-smilie:
Reply 33

Also:
Shitty_Restaurant.gif
WOW! not like there's any bigger problems to deal with :eek:
wow not like there's bigger problems to deal with(!) haha
Reply 36
Original post by SoftPunch
But are this stats are hard to believe... imagine having blood stains or pee stains on the toilet seats...arghhhh... Yes, I agree with you - it sends shivers down the spine :s-smilie:

:lolwut:
Not sure who's toilets you've been using but I've never really come across toilets like that, saying that I don't use public toilets...

But yeah its true, just google toilets cleaner than kitchen and it comes up with loads of results.
Reply 37
Original post by Kiss

I've not seen one. I assumed the alternative would just be an absence of urinals and more toilet cubicles and you'd just sit down, the same as if you had *ahem* secondary business.
Reply 38
Original post by miser
Wouldn't be against legislation of this sort. I've always thought peeing from standing and 'shaking off' was less sanitary, and it's obviously messier. Also in favour of progress towards genderless toilets.

I'd be more concerned that parliament actually had the time to waste on legislation like this. I sincerely hope they would have better things to do.
Ive always thought peeing standing is weird but this is extreme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending