The Student Room Group

Is my girlfriend lying to me??? please help.

Last night me and the girlfriend made plans. And this is the plan: She had to wake up early the next day to go shopping with her mum....

- She woke up at like 12, and text me saying whoops..... (i got a bit annoyed then. she was meant to pick me up on the way home from shopping)

- Our plan was after shopping to go for lunch and then cinema...

- She text me later saying ill just see you tonight (she knew i was pissed off) So i kinda said, i dont have money for cinema.. she said ok no worries...

- Then i said why dont we meet for lunch as planned, she said her mum asked her to write a load of xmas cards which will take her "couple of hours"... (bullsh1t?)

I messaged her at 5pm! saying should we still go cinema, she replied saying shes having wine with her mum and cant drink....

Thats the story... Plan was lunch and cinema, after her early morning shopping (to which she didnt even go)
Reply 1
bump
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
bump

Seems like you deserve better mate, seems shes lying to avoid u
(edited 10 years ago)
She lied, you should dump her and move on. Possibly consider progressing in your career to the point where you're making a comfortable income in which you can just have sex with hookers and not have to worry about such menial instances.
sounds a bit like she's tryna avoid you
clearly not worth it
Reply 5
anyone else opinion?
Maybe she didn't go shopping because she slept in, like she said... her plans are none of your business anyway, if she wants to do something else with her spare time then she can.

You are the one who lied to her. She asked you to meet up in the evening and you said you didn't have money for the cinema. Then at 5pm you change your mind while she's opened up some wine with her mum. You're the one messing her around!
Maybe she just had something else going on and couldn't tell you. Perhaps that's nothing to do with you but she could have been helping someone or just needed space. Not everything is about you
Be secure in your relationship and trust her. If she did lie then thats for her to tell you. Having whatever doubts and posting on a public forum says more for your relationship than her actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
She's dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mate

Cut her out of your life, she's DEFINITELY F'ing somebody, 100%
Reply 9
She found out you support Chelsea
WOW. Jeez. People are taking this to the extremes.

Look, here's a reality check. The fact that she's changed her day's plans doesn't mean she's embarking on some cheating spree or being dishonest to cover up some huge secret. She may not have wanted to see you that day. She may have been ill. She may have wanted to spend time with her family. Or, you know, she could have actually been writing Christmas cards. Mine certainly take hours. I dread it every year :wink:

You know what, if you don't trust her over something so small maybe you should break up with her, but not because of her - maybe you need to sort out your own trust issues. Or maybe, just maybe, you could end all this doubt by saying 'I'm sorry to sound paranoid, but I was hurt that you seemed to be making excuses not to see me the other day. Is anything the matter?'

Chill out, dude. There's much worse to worry about in relationships than whether she's not met up with you to write her Christmas cards.
Original post by EllyJelly
WOW. Jeez. People are taking this to the extremes.

Look, here's a reality check. The fact that she's changed her day's plans doesn't mean she's embarking on some cheating spree or being dishonest to cover up some huge secret. She may not have wanted to see you that day. She may have been ill. She may have wanted to spend time with her family. Or, you know, she could have actually been writing Christmas cards. Mine certainly take hours. I dread it every year :wink:

You know what, if you don't trust her over something so small maybe you should break up with her, but not because of her - maybe you need to sort out your own trust issues. Or maybe, just maybe, you could end all this doubt by saying 'I'm sorry to sound paranoid, but I was hurt that you seemed to be making excuses not to see me the other day. Is anything the matter?'

Chill out, dude. There's much worse to worry about in relationships than whether she's not met up with you to write her Christmas cards.

I agree with EllyJelly. She really could have just planned her day badly and had to change her plans etc. If she does it often/again then maybe call her on it. But if this is the only time this has happened maybe just let it go.

How long have you been going out?
Reply 12
Original post by beckaroo7
I agree with EllyJelly. She really could have just planned her day badly and had to change her plans etc. If she does it often/again then maybe call her on it. But if this is the only time this has happened maybe just let it go.

How long have you been going out?

Only a month, we have sorted everything out.. ::smile: were back in a good relationship now
Reply 13
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
Only a month, we have sorted everything out.. ::smile: were back in a good relationship now

Jezza next week
You two don't know each other well enough to be jumping on each other's cases yet, do you :lolwut: ? How can you just randomly all of a sudden have no money? I think she wants you to chase her! Its upto you to decide how to pursue it :smile: !
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
OP, your pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending