The Student Room Group

Brighton or lincoln for architecture??

I have two ABB offers from Lincoln and Brighton, and an AAB offer from kent. I am going to firm at kent but I'm not sure which to insure at?
Original post by Tommmmmmmm
I have two ABB offers from Lincoln and Brighton, and an AAB offer from kent. I am going to firm at kent but I'm not sure which to insure at?

Not many people have heard of Lincoln, I hadn't particularly till you mentioned it, so Brighton is a little better known I think. Not to say the course isn't any good at Lincoln, just not well known. Also, the area to consider if you have a preference I guess.
I've just graduated this year from Lincoln, currently in Manchester on my placement year. The course is alright, as the university is still young the is a few hiccups. It depends on what you're looking into achieving, and visiting the universities is the best possibly thing you can do. No amount of words can properly describe how you may feel about it, what may fit for one can be uncomfortable for another.

Good points about the university is the contact time you receive from tutors (vital in first year and not so much as the years pass). The workshop is good and the staff are friendly. The university is apart of the city so it has a fantastic walk-ability which aids the student lifestyle massively. I believe the facilities have suddenly become much better this year alone, good for newbies but again wasn't really much when I was there.

Starting any architecture course though it is a must to read as much as you can, history, theory and technical. Also start practising your drawing and making skills, you will be expected to produce a vast amount of information in visual form. And be passionate, I've seen many people fall under because they lack the passion that a vocation such as architecture requires, it is something you need to love.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Chenderson26
I've just graduated this year from Lincoln, currently in Manchester on my placement year. The course is alright, as the university is still young the is a few hiccups. It depends on what you're looking into achieving, and visiting the universities is the best possibly thing you can do. No amount of words can properly describe how you may feel about it, what may fit for one can be uncomfortable for another.

Good points about the university is the contact time you receive from tutors (vital in first year and not so much as the years pass). The workshop is good and the staff are friendly. The university is apart of the city so it has a fantastic walk-ability which aids the student lifestyle massively. I believe the facilities have suddenly become much better this year alone, good for newbies but again wasn't really much when I was there.

Starting any architecture course though it is a must to read as much as you can, history, theory and technical. Also start practising your drawing and making skills, you will be expected to produce a vast amount of information in visual form. And be passionate, I've seen many people fall under because they lack the passion that a vocation such as architecture requires, it is something you need to love.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just a quick question about the course, how many people are on it roughly in each year?
Original post by Chenderson26

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you study Architecture? Will they teach us basic skills at the beginning? Or are we expected to have those?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending