The Student Room Group

I could use some help with understanding my UCAS points and entry requirements

I have full A- Levels in Biology (B) and History (B) so that's 100 points each making 200.
Then I have a full A-Level C in General Studies which is 80 (if the course accepts gen studies)
Then an AS on it's own in CHemistry at C making 40 points.

So I'm in the process of applying for a course that says :
"
You will need 300 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels (or their equivalent)"

"

300 Tariff points from a minimum of two A levels, or equivalent qualifications."

I'm confused as to whether I can apply for this. I will only have enough points if both General Studies and my lone AS is counted.
On the courses Entry Requirements page it says "GCE AS - Will only make offers for this course only when combined with other qualifications". Does this mean my AS WILL count as I have 2 full A Levels in other subjects?
And on the Entry Requirements page there doesn't seem to be any mention of General Studies at all - in which case should I assume it will count or should I check with the university?

Thanks for your help. The main point is does my lone AS in Chem count as being "combined with other qualifications" because I have full A-levels in different subjects... and am I to assume General Studies does count or doesn't count if no mention is made on the page? Sorry this is wordy.
Yes, they will count the points from your AS and General Studies unless they say that they don't accept GS. If in doubt ask the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending