The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your car?

I've been driving for about two years now, I've had two cars, I think I've been to a car wash about 4 times in total ever. 5 max.

My first car was silver, and for whatever reason it was looked clean after a day of rain. Current car is black and... Not so much. Inside of my car is always relatively clean though.

How I justify not getting car washed often? Simple. In winter it's always dark so no one can really see it's dirty (apart from the alloys I suppose). And in summer it gets dirty again sooo quick, plus I don't drive as often.

What about you?
Once every month and a half Id say. If it really looks **** though I'll wash it no matter how recent the last one was.
Reply 2
The amount of times I wash my bike depends on the weather and road conditions really. Lately I’ve been having to clean the bike quite a lot, it really needs it. It would be so much effort giving it a good cleaning everyday so I’ve just been wiping it down daily (some parts twice a day, eg lights).
Well I need to wash my car this weekend because I made the huge mistake of parking under a tree again -_-

My car is silver. Wash it probably about once every two/ three months. Unless the birds take aim at it then I wash it that weekend 1) because it looks horrible and 2) because if I don't it becomes impossible to remove.

My alloys get dirty quickly though, but because the dirt goes pretty evenly it's hard to tell they are dirty until you actually wash them.
Inside once a week. Outside every 2/3 weeks.
Well it rains tonnes, and I don't drive that much these days, so rarely ever bother washing it.

But I always keep the interior tidy. Black car.
I never wash my car. I occasionally move the model Porsche from its shelf and dust it though.
Reply 7
Maybe once every 4 to 5 years
Reply 8
The Volvo XC90 :- exterior and interior washed every Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Waxed every 3rd wash and polished and waxed every 6 months.

The Volvo C70 :- interior gets a hoover when the XC90 is cleaned, exterior gets a wash every other week and waxed every 2 washes, it gets a polish every 3 months. This car is such a pain to keep clean as it is black and we live off an unpaved road.

The Volvo 164 :- It gets a wash every other month or so.

The Land Rover Discovery's cleaning schedule is roughly similar to the C70, the only difference being is who does it, the Volvos are all in Norway and we do everything at home, the Discovery is in UK and usually I drive it to Banbury where it gets a wash while I'm enjoying my Thai buffet lunch :smile:
Reply 9
Every week if the weather is fair. My car looks awesome when it's clean so there's a reward for doing it and my commute down country roads means it gets dirty quickly.
Reply 10
Every two weeks. My car is black so it really needs a wash
I get it hand-washed every week. I don't pay for it, and hate a dirty car.
Reply 12
I'll wash mine every 2nd week or so if I have time. Looks well grubby when its dirty because its silver haha.
Once a month when I had a blue car, now i have a silver car it seem to look clean most of the time. I only ever notice the alloys getting dirty.
I dont.
not enough it seems haha
tbf I've had it like 10 months and only washed it once...in my defence in that 10 months it's snowed and rained a lot so yeh haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Once a week, because a love my car, it gets a polish once a months too.
Reply 17
If I could, I wash it every day! Realistically, I'd do it every week, but because of living away I can only wash it when I'm home, so about once a month.
It makes me sad :frown: There's nothing more enjoyable than cleaning your alloys with a nice soft toothbrush, or cleaning the interior so there isn't a spot of dust in it!

God I'm ****ing sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending