The Student Room Group

USA Security Council Rep Election - Dec 2013 - Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meenu89
Yes, thanks Mr. Tudor, I am aware of that :smile: I've never been a member of the Green have I though :wink:

We always welcome new members :smile:
Reply 21
Good luck to both member's!

2 very active and capable candidates both of which hold/held high positions in the MHofC! Hope both of the 2 can do the same for the MUN!
(edited 10 years ago)
Two excellent candidates. Good luck.
Original post by meenu89
Yes, thanks Mr. Tudor, I am aware of that :smile: I've never been a member of the Green have I though :wink:

Suppose, but I echo C_M in that you are welcome to join the Greens!
Original post by Rakas21
X

Original post by Cheese_Monster
X

If you were to rep USA what resolution would you write up?

It's going to be a close call for who to vote for-two very worth candidates!
Original post by Henry_Tudor

To be fair, I'm a bigger fan of hypotheticals than resolutions, I don't think a great deal of debate comes from them. If I were to create any resolution, it'd most likely be on the Senkaku islands and China's dubious claim to them.
To be fair, I'm a bigger fan of hypotheticals than resolutions, I don't think a great deal of debate comes from them. If I were to create any resolution, it'd most likely be on the Senkaku islands and China's dubious claim to them.

Nice I see your point as most Resolutions only cause debate between 2-3 reps!
I'm glad to have a very worthy opponent.

Question to Rakas, when was the last time you represented a nation in the MUN and why have you chosen to re-emerge now?
A question to both candidates. What relationship do you intend to have with the European Union, will you seek greater levels of trade with the bloc or will you look to limit the amount of activity between the two?
Reply 29

My main resolutions would be those relating to trade and those relating to the SC and issues like Syria.

I'm glad to have a very worthy opponent.

Question to Rakas, when was the last time you represented a nation in the MUN and why have you chosen to re-emerge now?

Well after my period as Argentina some time ago i never actually intended to scale back activity but running coalitions as PM took up more of my time than i'd planned. While being PM in Mhoc however i never totally went away from here, i had a stint as Sweden at the beginning of the year when you were merging with Russia and i had a stint as Austria in early summer. I'm back essentially due to time, interest and to seek a new challenge on TSR.

Original post by Superunknown17
A question to both candidates. What relationship do you intend to have with the European Union, will you seek greater levels of trade with the bloc or will you look to limit the amount of activity between the two?

As per RL i support increased trade and a harmonious foreign policy relationship.
Original post by Superunknown17

It depends how your interpret your role within the forum. Is it to mirror what your nation says in real life or go off at a tangent and take your own approach to how you believe that nation should proceed with its foreign policy? I think if it were to be in a hypothetical scenario, I'd take into account that America is looking to move further away from Europe and the Middle East and more towards the Far East. However, were I writing a resolution or commenting on a news story, I would echo the US real life position in seeking to expand trade and agreements with the EU's market population. :smile:
Would both candidates continue to represent their current nations or will they solely focus on the new role as the representative of the United States.

To be fair, I'm a bigger fan of hypothetical than resolutions, I don't think a great deal of debate comes from them. If I were to create any resolution, it'd most likely be on the Senkaku islands and China's dubious claim to them.

What hypotheticals would you like to create then?

What would your policy towards Russia and her actions in the recent past and the possible events in the near future.

Also as CM said earlier
It depends how your interpret your role within the forum. Is it to mirror what your nation says in real life or go off at a tangent and take your own approach to how you believe that nation should proceed with its foreign policy?
Which of these would you lean more towards in general a more realistic or a more "exagerated" and tangential style?

And good luck to two very strong candidates.
Original post by Moist Penguin
Would both candidates continue to represent their current nations or will they solely focus on the new role as the representative of the United States.

What hypotheticals would you like to create then?

What would your policy towards Russia and her actions in the recent past and the possible events in the near future.

Also as CM said earlier Which of these would you lean more towards in general a more realistic or a more "exagerated" and tangential style?

And good luck to two very strong candidates.

I would look to vacate the Syrian seat eventually, but as there is a lot of hype surrounding them at the minute, it is important that they remain represented.

I would have preferred to keep my cards close to my chest to have drawn in more fervour once I created them, but I'm an advocate of historical and sometimes fantastical hypotheticals. I want a hypothetical completely outside the box, potentially World War Z related (i.e. nations respond to a zombie epidemic). Otherwise, I'd create a hypothetical related to China and the US and the potentiality to war with the Senkaku islands and bipolar clashings of these two regional hegemons.

I think it depends on the scenario. As I said before, I would take my nation down a completely tangential route were it a hypothetical, but in resolutions and news stories, the point I think is to be true to your nation's RL policies and therefore, I would continue to represent the US' policies towards Russia until a hypothetical scenario gave me the chance to experiment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
I would continue to represent Mexico.
Original post by Rakas21
I would continue to represent Mexico.

If you were to rep USA (probably the most powerful SC country) would it not seem better to Rep a smaller less significant country than Mexico?
Reply 35
If you were to rep USA (probably the most powerful SC country) would it not seem better to Rep a smaller less significant country than Mexico?

If somebody else wishes to represent Mexico then i'll hand over but I've never had an issue representing multiple countries before.
Reply 36
:bump:

Voting begins!
Reply 37
Far too long is 5 days.

Good luck Mr Cheese.

I hope all shall vote for i, from Prime Minister to President, who says social mobility does not exist. :tongue:
Original post by Rakas21
Far too long is 5 days.

Good luck Mr Cheese.

I hope all shall vote for i, from Prime Minister to President, who says social mobility does not exist. :tongue:

Good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 39
Really hard decision! Voted now but either of you would make good US reps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending