The Student Room Group

PGCE a distant memory = never felt so tired and stressed!

Andrew Old's latest blog is a sad indictment of the teaching profession 2013:

http://teachingbattleground.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/the-darkest-term-teacher-stress-and-depression/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Sounds about right.
Reply 2
Most of those replies seem to be from secondary school teachers. Do you think its a little bit easier for primary teachers? I am starting a primary pgce next year, and things like this really freak me out. I am expecting the course and my nqt year to be hard, but sometimes it seems like it is just one long, stressful, depressing and miserable career :frown:
Original post by aburke85
Most of those replies seem to be from secondary school teachers. Do you think its a little bit easier for primary teachers? I am starting a primary pgce next year, and things like this really freak me out. I am expecting the course and my nqt year to be hard, but sometimes it seems like it is just one long, stressful, depressing and miserable career :frown:

My Primary colleagues experience similar pressure. There is huge accountability in Year 6 and only this week Wilshaw demanded the reintroduction of Year 2 National Tests. As Primary schools tend to be relatively small, a few underperforming children can drastically affect a Performance Table position. The threat of Ofsted is ever present in all phases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending