The Student Room Group

What University is really good for law and the university life???

I've got in gcse 3 B's in English Literature, Language and History 4 C's Science, Art, R.e, I.c.t (I wasn't as focussed on my education as I am now)

I'm studying Law, History, Psychology and English Literature.
If I do well and get A A A C

Which Universities can I get into that are some of the top and don't focus on gcse's too much and which have a good night life?
Reply 1
Original post by courtney.car12
I've got in gcse 3 B's in English Literature, Language and History 4 C's Science, Art, R.e, I.c.t (I wasn't as focussed on my education as I am now)

I'm studying Law, History, Psychology and English Literature.
If I do well and get A A A C

Which Universities can I get into that are some of the top and don't focus on gcse's too much and which have a good night life?

Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, Sheffield, Bristol all come to mind.

Most places can manage a decent nightlife if you want it though, think Arrowead even managed to get concertedly lashed at LSE which is far from a notorious party hub.

Arrowhead
Confirmation? :beer:
Reply 2
Original post by Le Nombre
Most places can manage a decent nightlife if you want it though, think Arrowead even managed to get concertedly lashed at LSE which is far from a notorious party hub.

True dat. :yep:

My entire first-year comprised of an All-London Pub Exploration Extravaganza with borderline unhealthy amounts of clubbing.

A girl in my LLB batch asked me if I was in the right lecture theatre during my first criminal lecture...in January. Good times...

If you want an awesome night life at uni, you have to be the party (or be friends with the person who is the party).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by arrowhead
True dat. :yep:

My entire first-year comprised of an All-London Pub Exploration Extravaganza with borderline unhealthy amounts of clubbing.

A girl in my LLB batch asked me if I was in the right lecture theatre during my first criminal lecture...in January. Good times...

If you want an awesome night life at uni, you have to be the party (or be friends with the person who is the party).

I feel we should do a Freshers guide. As a skeleton, to be fleshed out with refernces to the joys of strawpedoing, going to sports night, never missing a Friday/Saturday (delete as appropriate) and so on!

Step A) Turn up.

Step B) Make friends

Step C) Get drunk

Step D) Sober up around March, try work out what the hell Contract is all about and do the exam!
Reply 4
Original post by Le Nombre
I feel we should do a Freshers guide. As a skeleton, to be fleshed out with refernces to the joys of strawpedoing, going to sports night, never missing a Friday/Saturday (delete as appropriate) and so on!

Step A) Turn up.

Step B) Make friends

Step C) Get drunk

Step D) Sober up around March, try work out what the hell Contract is all about and do the exam!

It's like you just recounted my entire first-year from the journal I was too ****-faced to maintain. Right down to the horror I felt when faced with contract law in March.

We should add: Step E) Always have a condom in your wallet.
Reply 5
Original post by arrowhead
It's like you just recounted my entire first-year from the journal I was too ****-faced to maintain. Right down to the horror I felt when faced with contract law in March.

We should add: Step E) Always have a condom in your wallet.

Looking back now it seems like another, blissful world. I used to treat going to the pub near halls as a night in for God's sake! If it wasn't clubbing it didn't count!

Ahhh I was in a relationship throughout uni so never had the chance, however obviously safe sex is the best sex and raiding the SU jonny bucket is one for the bucket list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending