The Student Room Group

Do you get depressed when you are bored/ have nothing to do?

Does anyone else find themselves getting depressed when they are bored?

I do. I sit here at my laptop wondering what to do. I try so hard to think of something to do but everything I think of just seems boring. How many successful people do you think spent their spare time sitting at home being bored? None probably. Then I get more and more depressed the more time I have off of work (because I hardly do anything outside of work).

Does anyone else get this feeling? I'm so bored aha :frown:
I just go for a drive when I'm bored, always works. But it's exensive!

I only get depressed after a **** lol
I go for a walk..or chat to randoms on the net :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by IntriguedUser
I just go for a drive when I'm bored, always works. But it's exensive!

I only get depressed after a **** lol

It's a good idea but my insurance is limited on miles because it made my 2nd year insurance nice and cheap lol :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Just Another Girly
I go for a walk..

This. A nice relaxing walk around the countryside or just to the edge of town.
Reply 5
I wouldn't say I get depressed when bored, more frustrated. Usually going for a walk, playing a game or drinking cures the boredom for me.
Reply 6
yeah as Yasmin said I just get a bit frustrated and just stuck in a loop of boredom with work on the side just feels meh
Reply 7
Original post by Runninground
Does anyone else find themselves getting depressed when they are bored?

I do. I sit here at my laptop wondering what to do. I try so hard to think of something to do but everything I think of just seems boring. How many successful people do you think spent their spare time sitting at home being bored? None probably. Then I get more and more depressed the more time I have off of work (because I hardly do anything outside of work).

Does anyone else get this feeling? I'm so bored aha :frown:

Yep, and most of the time i don't wanna ttalk to my friends as i think i'm being a burden so i try to find new people to talk to
I wish I could be have more time at home to myself. Consider yourself lucky.

But seriously its not that difficult to find something to do, I'm always having to make decisions on what I'm going to do for the day and what I'll have no time for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I usually then go to the fridge.

Quick Reply

Latest