Hi, i recently got my offer from UCAS.
I got 5 conditional offers for;
Chemistry(Msci)- AAB
Biochem- BBB
Medicinal Chem(Msci)- AAB
Pharmacy(Msci)- AAB
Food science- ABB
I applied only at queens belfast.
But Im still studying 4 A2 levels (Chem, Bio, Geog, Irish) and i was wondering if there was a mistake with my offers as they dont take into account the fourth A level.
Also has anybody else got offers yet? :smile: Thanks
Most offers are based only on 3 A-levels, so unless specified otherwise, you will be able to count your 'best 3'. Check whether any of your offers have particular requirements, however, such as 'in at least 2 science subjects', or 'including at least an A in [subject X]'.
Reply 2
Im guessing you're Irish, and if so, unis don't usually consider an A Level in your native language

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
Im guessing you're Irish, and if so, unis don't usually consider an A Level in your native language

Posted from TSR Mobile

This would only be the case for a first language speaker taking second language Irish, which is probably not the case.
Universities make offers based on three a-levels as that is what people usually take- some universities will include a fourth AS in their offer, but none routinely make offers asking for four full a-levels. It may be that your offers have been slightly reduced, to take into account the fourth a-level you are taking, but this does not have to be the case.

You need to check the details of the offers carefully to see if you can use your three best A-levels, or you have to get certain grades in certain subjects (e.g. at least a B in biology). If this is unclear, contact the university admissions department. You should also confirm your Irish A-level will count if you are someone who could be classified as a native speaker.
Reply 5
Okay thanks everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending