The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by `God
A*A + 1 in STEP I for Christ's Engineering. Damn you STEP.

You have an offer - that's fantastic! They're just pushing you, show them that they were right to give you a place. I believe in you!
Reply 21
Just got my offer for Physical NatSci in the post! Already stressing about the requirements which are A*A*A in further maths, physics and chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by TheBigGeek
You have an offer - that's fantastic! They're just pushing you, show them that they were right to give you a place. I believe in you!

Wow, probably the best reply I've had since telling people about my offer (and complaining about STEP). Thanks :smile:
Offer for CompSci, I can start getting excited now!
Reply 24
I have an offer for Maths at Pembroke. :smile:
Reply 25
removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by mjmmwoohoo
Just got my offer for Physical NatSci in the post! Already stressing about the requirements which are A*A*A in further maths, physics and chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW, well done! Pretty insane requirements but we believe in you! :biggrin:
Which college did you apply to?
Reply 27
Original post by ermm
WOW, well done! Pretty insane requirements but we believe in you! :biggrin:
Which college did you apply to?

Thank you! :tongue:
Pembroke.
Congratulations/good luck to everyone! :smile: anyone for Jesus college here? I've just got an offer for MML, just about fell off my chair :')
Reply 29
Original post by alow
Homerton, and Physical :smile:

Words cannot explain how badly one of my interviews went though, so they must have liked something about me :lol:

Evidently! I thought my interviews went quite well, but it didn't stop me from constantly overanalysing them! Anyway, we're both in so we should be happy :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by DiaG
Evidently! I thought my interviews went quite well, but it didn't stop me from constantly overanalysing them! Anyway, we're both in so we should be happy :smile:

Yeah I don't really care about how they went now, we've got offers so there's no point :smile:

I can still laugh at how silly some of my answers were though!
Reply 31
Original post by `God
A*A + 1 in STEP I for Christ's Engineering. Damn you STEP.

A*AA + 1 in STEP 1 for me too (at Christ's)! I was told when I went down to interview by a student, that they're including STEP in every offer just to push people a bit more! Not sure if it's true, we might find out.

Also, my letter is offering me a place on the BA engineering course and "subject to satisfactory academic performance" I may complete a further year of study for the MEng degree. Is yours the same? I don't know if people are given offers for the MEng straight up?
(edited 10 years ago)
Offer from Christ's for BioNatSci - A*A*A with the A*s in bio and chem. Quite high but I'm happy! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Got an email from Trinity hall saying I had an offer, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake......

Medic here, btw!
Reply 34
Original post by fin3rz
A*AA + 1 in STEP 1 for me too (at Christ's)! I was told when I went down to interview by a student, that they're including STEP in every offer just to push people a bit more! Not sure if it's true, we might find out.

Also, my letter is offering me a place on the BA engineering course and "subject to satisfactory academic performance" I may complete a further year of study for the MEng degree. Is yours the same? I don't know if people are given offers for the MEng straight up?

Yeah my letter said that as well, I got a bit worried at first but I think it's standard. You done any STEP preparation? Come Monday I'm going to start going HAM on STEP I. Any tips anyone on how to start preparing for STEP I?
Reply 35
Original post by Ceryni
Got an email from Trinity hall saying I had an offer, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake......

Medic here, btw!

Gratsssssssss
Reply 36
Original post by Ceryni

Medic here, btw!

Dunno if you remember me but congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by `God
Gratsssssssss

Thanks!!

Original post by House MD
Dunno if you remember me but congratulations :biggrin:

Thanks!!! Still feel a bit dazed :s-smilie: don't think it's quite hit me yet :tongue:

Clareite, right? Have you heard any news?
(edited 10 years ago)
Never in a million years did I think I would be here!

A*A*A chemical engineering (via Natural Sciences) at Fitzwilliam
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Offer from Trinity Hall for Linguistics! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Letter hasn't arrived yet but I got the email about an hour ago - so I don't know the grades yet! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending