The Student Room Group

"Don't befriend a someone you want to date."

I don't understand why people say that, how are you going to have a relationship if you're not friends with the person?
Maybe it's just a precaution against being friendzoned? :dontknow:
Well if you don't want to be friends with the person you're dating...
Reply 3
I could see some couples who were once great friends, who got together largely because 'why not, we like each other so much and we're hot' logic, waking up one day realising that they are still just great friends under a faux 'relationship' title. Being in a relationship is a brilliant friendship and then some, and I know sometimes it's easy to wonder for a moment if what you have is too much 'just' friendship and not enough other. Even if you're regularly having great sex (if that's what you class as definitive of a real relationship) it is ultimately still just a friendship because that's what you were used to, that's what you knew and maybe cannot really get out of.

Obviously, before a relationship can even begin, there is (one of TSR's favourite words) - 'friendzone'.
Reply 4
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I don't understand why people say that, how are you going to have a relationship if you're not friends with the person?

I don't think I've heard anyone say that.
I have never heard anyone say that.
Never heard of anyone saying it, but if you give off the impression you're looking for more than a friendship, then it could avoid "friendzoning"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending