The Student Room Group

Chances of getting an Erasmus place-experiences?

Hi

This year I am planning to apply for an ERASMUS year abroad to Granada to do maths 2014/2015.

If I apply, how sure are my chances of getting in?

Has anyone been rejected an ERASMUS place from your experiences?

Basically, I really would like to get on the course and I need to plan in either case

Reply 1
Is it certain?
Reply 2
I tried to find out the answer to this exact question last year, without success. I did get a place though! :biggrin:

I think it largely depends on which country you're from (apparently less people from Britain apply, so that should work in your favour), which subject you're studying (Language students usually get priority, but of course there are some places for Maths etc students) and then how competitive your application is (language skills, grades, motivation etc). You could try asking the International Office for the applicants - places ratio and their criteria.

My uni is tiny, so my teacher pretty much admitted that there were more places than applicants :colondollar: At other universities however, it's much more competitive. For example, while in Paris I met a girl from Coventry Uni who said there was only one place available for Paris, and that she (as a French major) got it. Some people from my uni applied to Berlin, who filtered the applications with extra tests after the host uni sent them on, whereas others like Vienna (where I am) automatically accept all student applications as soon as the host uni forwards them.

I've not heard of anyone being rejected, but you should know that not everyone gets their first choice destination, especially if you choose a big city in a popular country. Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply. I haven't heard of people getting rejected but then I guess I only hear from the people who get in.

I am from Durham University and am applying to Granada and Barcelona. I am pretty sure I am the only person in my course wanting to go to Spain, but then again I guess maths is quite an unusual thing to do for ERASMUS.

When did you apply?
Reply 4
Original post by number23
Thanks for the reply. I haven't heard of people getting rejected but then I guess I only hear from the people who get in.

I am from Durham University and am applying to Granada and Barcelona. I am pretty sure I am the only person in my course wanting to go to Spain, but then again I guess maths is quite an unusual thing to do for ERASMUS.

When did you apply?

There were quite a few Politics students from my uni that didn't get into Berlin... Think that was more down to an administrative error than anything else though :dontknow:

I applied in Jan 2013 IIRC and got an offer around May time.
Reply 5
Original post by xmarilynx
There were quite a few Politics students from my uni that didn't get into Berlin... Think that was more down to an administrative error than anything else though :dontknow:

I applied in Jan 2013 IIRC and got an offer around May time.

My adviser said to speak to him about applying in March. I guess it depends on where you apply though.

So would you recommend ERSAMUS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending