The Student Room Group

Would university reconsider?

Hey,
I applied to 5 of the UK universities via UCAS.
I've got conditional admission in 3 university and 1 hasnt answered. But 1 university rejected my application because of the weak SOP.

Is there any way for me to get into that university? I badly wanna go there. I've edited my SOP and i promise to get a good score in my May 2024 examinations.

Please help.
Reply 1
Original post by anuj999
Hey,
I applied to 5 of the UK universities via UCAS.
I've got conditional admission in 3 university and 1 hasnt answered. But 1 university rejected my application because of the weak SOP.

Is there any way for me to get into that university? I badly wanna go there. I've edited my SOP and i promise to get a good score in my May 2024 examinations.

Please help.

May 2024 is a little late, huh? :smile:
I don't want to disappoint you, but once a university has rejected you, the chance is pretty much equal to 0 that they'll reconsider your application. You should've mentioned that in your PS or whatever, to tell them you're gonna retake your SOP.
Reply 2
what are the 3 conditions ????

they may not be that hard
Unfortunately they are very unlikely to reconsider your application. University admissions departments are very busy, and so would not have time to re-read editted submissions from every applicant they reject.

The only way to get another shot at this university is to reapply in the next admissions cycle. If they have spaces in clearing, you could also apply via clearing, but it is very likely that you would be rejected for the same reasons as your current application was rejected.
Reply 4
Don't give up hope. I asked for a reconsideration without any conditions like resist etc. and that's how I got into UCL!
Universities do not reconsider applications unless they factually misinterpreted something like existing qualifications.

'Please read my application again because I think I'm really clever' won't get you anywhere. They don't want you. Accept it and move on.
Reply 6
I managed to get a uni to reconsider my application, my situation is a bit different from yours, but it's not impossible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Noodlzzz
Don't give up hope. I asked for a reconsideration without any conditions like resist etc. and that's how I got into UCL!

Thank you so much for the motivation. Could you please tell me how do i go about the procedure?
Reply 8
You can only ask them for reconsideration if you have a valid reason. They don't have to accept you if you have the minimum predicted grades. You can give it a shot but i wouldn't recommend it because it is a little cheeky and you might want to apply again, if you do. You can call them anonymously though. You can also apply through ucas extra ig you desperately want to go there.
Ultimately, which uni you've been to isn't going to make a huge difference except for if its Oxbridge. Im sure you'll be happy wherever you go.
Reply 9
Original post by anuj999
Thank you so much for the motivation. Could you please tell me how do i go about the procedure?

Ask for feedback first.
If they had wanted you despite not having the right predicted grades for example, they could have given you a conditional offer for higher than your predictions just in case you made it, but they didn't, so it's fair to say there was not enough in your application to please them. FWIW, my son's head of sixth form successfully did this for him on the grounds that the prospectus made no mention of the need to have a subject he didn't have and which they used as grounds for rejection, but this was in 2005 and the head of sixth was/is not a guy to be messed with. I doubt it happens much these days. I think you'll have to take it on the chin.
I got reconsider for a course at the uni am at, due to certain things happening and because the lecturers on course looked over my application. Through this was only due to fact I had a place on another course at the uni and they need a few more people on the course. This happened when I turned up at induction. This is really rare through but I was really grateful as am on the course I really wanted too be on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"This happened when I turned up at induction."

ie. she had already been accepted for a different course, got the grades and enrolled at the University for the start of term 1.

Not quite the same as 'asking to have your UCAS application reconsidered after a rejection'.
Through I had been rejected during application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending