The Student Room Group

Next Careers: Application

I am applying for a part time role at next retail store online. However after the application form that needs to be filled out, they will make a decision and if i succeed, they will arrange a phone interview, I just wanna ask if anyone has had a similar type of interview and can you let me know what types of questions they will ask as i get quite nervous on the top, so i want to be prepared. Thank You
Reply 1
Original post by tsantii96
I am applying for a part time role at next retail store online. However after the application form that needs to be filled out, they will make a decision and if i succeed, they will arrange a phone interview, I just wanna ask if anyone has had a similar type of interview and can you let me know what types of questions they will ask as i get quite nervous on the top, so i want to be prepared. Thank You

Why you applied for the role?
How do you fit the role?

I think there is like 2 or 3 questions like that, then the rest is questions like have you booked any holidays, how will travel to work etc.

Been through this process twice with Next and been a Sales Consultant twice. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Nerd2
Why you applied for the role?
How do you fit the role?

I think there is like 2 or 3 questions like that, then the rest is questions like have you booked any holidays, how will travel to work etc.

Been through this process twice with Next and been a Sales Consultant twice. Hope this helps.

Really? That simple!?

Also, will the fact that i am only 17 and still in education have an affect on getting the job? (Even though the job is part-time)

Cause i have no relevant retail experience (Apart from 2 weeks at Moss Bros which my sixth form set up for me last year)
Reply 3
Original post by tsantii96
Really? That simple!?

Also, will the fact that i am only 17 and still in education have an affect on getting the job? (Even though the job is part-time)

Cause i have no relevant retail experience (Apart from 2 weeks at Moss Bros which my sixth form set up for me last year)

I know Next like to give low hour contracts, but give you loads of extra hours suited to when they need you, so flexibility in terms of hours is something they really look for.

To be honest if you stated the days you can work and they still phone you up then its not a problem.

Yeah that's fine, Next is the first retail job for many people, they are willing to take people on without experience, for example I didn't have any retail experience when I applied.

They might ask you what kind of things you done at Moss Bros, because its a similar role, so make sure you have a list of the tasks you done there.
Reply 4
Thanks, and finally on the application they ask for the expiry date on my work permit. I dont mean to sound like a retard but how to get access to my work permit? i know about all the data like my NI number and the rest. But where will i find my work permit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending