The Student Room Group

The Law of Attraction

Someone please enlighten me on this term/theory; need help on understanding it
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That something attracts the same something.

If I think positive then the experiences I will have in life are going to be positive.
Reply 2
Oh is that it? hahaha thanks do you believe in it?
Reply 3
I personally dont believe in it, but i see why some people may. The thing is, anything can happen as a coincidence. So to 'Law-it' doesn't seem right. There is an increased probability in my opinion, that if you give out positive vibes, good things will happen more so than if you remain neutral or give bad vibes. It's easy to test out if you would like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Vaguely unrelated, but interesting reading:
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/
The theory that you can basically visualise whatever you desire and it'll end up manifesting.
Reply 6
Original post by ChaniBotz95
Oh is that it? hahaha thanks do you believe in it?

No. In my life only bad things happen..whether or not I am positive.

But
I suppose for some it is something.
Reply 7
Original post by VthSora
I personally dont believe in it, but i see why some people may. The thing is, anything can happen as a coincidence. So to 'Law-it' doesn't seem right. There is an increased probability in my opinion, that if you give out positive vibes, good things will happen more so than if you remain neutral or give bad vibes. It's easy to test out if you would like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm it sounds like something I may like to believe in..but how exactly does it work, how can I test it out?
Reply 8
Original post by Катя
Vaguely unrelated, but interesting reading:
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/

Thanks but how is this at all related to The Law of Attraction? Is actually interesting though:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The theory that you can basically visualise whatever you desire and it'll end up manifesting.

It actually sounds great but what are the chances that I'd happen? I can be a lil sceptical
Reply 10
A really good example to apply this theory to is this:

If you walk into a pub/bar/whatever in a miserable mood, feeling sorry for yourself and not saying a thing, you will in turn attract someone in that place who feels the same without saying a thing. Therefore a negative mood is attracting another negative mood. It works for positive thoughts and body language too, of course, but depressive thoughts seem to be more common and therefore a better example.
Reply 11
Original post by IronSoldier
No. In my life only bad things happen..whether or not I am positive.

But
I suppose for some it is something.

Aww sorry maybe you gotta think more positively than others to achieve positive outcomes? Judging from the sentence in italics, it sounds quite negative...
Bad things happen to everyone I suppose-I sure as hell have had terribly negative things happen, but I try to look outside the box and see the good things even in the worst situations :smile: I think the Law of Attraction may just work for me :smile: Have you ever tried to believe in it at all or?
Reply 12
Original post by ryan9900
A really good example to apply this theory to is this:

If you walk into a pub/bar/whatever in a miserable mood, feeling sorry for yourself and not saying a thing, you will in turn attract someone in that place who feels the same without saying a thing. Therefore a negative mood is attracting another negative mood. It works for positive thoughts and body language too, of course, but depressive thoughts seem to be more common and therefore a better example.

Ahhh so being positive will lead to more positive energy and outcomes or will make others feel the same way you do? Thanks for the example btw!
It actually sounds great but what are the chances that I'd happen? I can be a lil sceptical

Well it's not proven or anything if that's what you're asking, but many people claim it works for them :dontknow:
Reply 14
That is exactly what I mean. Just on a sub-conscious level you can give off a certain positive or negative energy and people can sub-consciously pick up on this. I absolutely believe this theory to be true and have proved it to myself many times. I'm not so sure I believe the part where 'thinking' about something so much and so frequently will result in you having it. If this is the case... howcome not everyone is a millionaire? Some of it goes way too far but there is definitely truth behind the theory, just not all the ways in which people attempt to apply it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hm it sounds like something I may like to believe in..but how exactly does it work, how can I test it out?

This was answered by someday just a while ago, but here's something to think about... Using anger to feel powerful. I can elaborate on request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first Law of Attraction is that all half decent looking girls have boyfriends. You need a strategy to deal with that !!!!
Reply 17
That is exactly what I mean. Just on a sub-conscious level you can give off a certain positive or negative energy and people can sub-consciously pick up on this. I absolutely believe this theory to be true and have proved it to myself many times. I'm not so sure I believe the part where 'thinking' about something so much and so frequently will result in you having it. If this is the case... howcome not everyone is a millionaire? Some of it goes way too far but there is definitely truth behind the theory, just not all the ways in which people attempt to apply it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe somewhere in this theory, I read that it had to do with 'the power to want', which is basically believing and striving to achieve with every ounce of faith you have, then going further and striving for further succesa. Many people who want to be millionaires don't actually have this in their mind, that they can actually do it if they truly pursue it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's cleared things up for me! I now understand that the Law of Attraction doesn't necessarily dwell upon achieving deep desires but is more to do with subconscious optimism - if that's the correct way to say it..
Thanks a bunch though, really helpful :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by VthSora
This was answered by someday just a while ago, but here's something to think about... Using anger to feel powerful. I can elaborate on request.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah please elaborate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending