The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Straight rejection from Cardiff for medical pharmacology. :((

Hi guys,
So this is the thing. I've just received a UCAS notification that my application for Medical Pharmacology in Cardiff has been unsuccessful. To be honest, I was totally upset. I mean I dont understand why they rejected me straight away. I think I did quite well in AS Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I got all A. My PS is ok and I also apply for Cambridge University which called me for an interview (before they made decision-rejection of course). I must think that there are something else that they need.

Anyone here receive offer for this course already? Please comment anything else that you get beside grade.
Thank you
Reply 1
Sorry to hear that.

I think you can find out an what basis you've been rejected, could've just been that the course in itself is too competitive / received too many applications. Last year they apparently had 170 applications for only 24 places:

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/undergraduate/applying/admissions-criteria/medical-pharmacology.html
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
The simple explanation is that Oxford and Cambridge universities are committed to interview most of their applicants, whilst no other university does that.
you win some you lose some

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending