The Student Room Group

Am I overly attached to objects?

Recently, I sold my bed on ebay. The people that brought it are coming today but I really don't want to give my bed away:frown: It sounds stupid because it's just a bed and I've wanted a new one for ages but u just can't leave this one.... (No nasty comments please I know this is stupid).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds as if you are. OK, so what are you going to do when the people come round?
Reply 2
Ummm... I don't know ;s at first I was going to give them back the money...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've always been a bit like this, though not at all to this extent.

Just sell it- you can't keep everything. And you can't get something better if you don't let the old one go!
Reply 4
Original post by benn9
Ummm... I don't know ;s at first I was going to give them back the money...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about their travel money and time taken off work (if any). If you do decide to cancel you need to tell then asap! Can someone else wait in instead and give them the bed? Might be easier if you are out with friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sister is exactly the same she cried for hours when she found out my mum had taken stuff to the charity shops. I think that you need to help yourself and let them take it. :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah, my mum said I can't give the money back now :/ the thing is it's just a stupid bed and I don't know why I'm making such a big fuss...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think you just going to have to come to terms with moving in with things in life, for example when I moved out to Uni I had to throw away alot including all my trophies and medals which was a shame but I have the memories still + the fact I never actually cared about the trophies when i had them lol !
Reply 8
I've felt how you're feeling about stuff I've sold before, more than once. At least a dozen times I think. Very recently too, and I'm 21. I came close to selling my first computer though I didn't go through with it because it's a nice sentimental value, as it was my first build. However, in the perspective of your bed... It's just a bed lol. You'll soon learn a bed is like any other bed, just like I will one day realise any computer is good enough.

You can't move on if you keep looking back!
Reply 9
By the way my sister wrote this... She cried like a baby even though she's 19 :tongue: it's gone and she still wants her baby bed back...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending