The Student Room Group

Little contact after a first date

I (22F) went on a date (for the first time ever!!) last Thursday (w/ 23M) and it went great. I experienced so many firsts on that date, including my first kiss. We had a lot of chemistry and while I felt a bit awkward at the start, by the end of our time together I was talking to him so comfortably. I ended up spending almost 6 hours with him.
However, since then he has barely talked to me. He sent me one message, which he liked my reply to (it was unrelated to the date). He liked my Instagram stories I uploaded since the date, too. I can't tell if he's truly interested in me or not. He mentioned wanting to see me again during the date but his lack of contact since Thursday makes me feel like it was just a passing comment... but at the same time, we did hit it off really well. I moved out of the city a couple days after the date and he said he doesn't like long distance (I haven't moved that far away though), so I'm worried that put him off. I didn't interact with his social media posts much since then so maybe I made him feel like I wasn't interested when I am... Idk. I told him about my tendency to overthink and that I'd probably overthink the entire date once I got home (which I did lol - and now I'm overthinking even more) and he seemed sympathetic and understanding...
He has also been updating his dating app profile since then, too. I don't know what to think. Should I message him? Wait for him to message me? Since he was such a big 'first' for me, I'm worried I'm getting overly attached to someone who doesn't actually feel anything for me.
Reply 1
Pick up the phone and talk to him!
Bear in mind he may be sitting at the other end thinking the same thing!

As above, just drop him a line. Hi response to a simple "I really enjoyed X, would you like to meet up next week for Y?" will tell you where you stand. People who are interested will find time for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending