The Student Room Group

Dentistry without chemistry?!

I am in yr 12 and have recently taken a big interest in Dentistry as a future career. However at the time of choosing my A levels I was unsure of what I wanted to do so I took Psychology, Biology, Maths and further maths. I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE.... is there any way I would be considered for a dentistry course at uni without chemistry A level?
Reply 1
maybe for foundational year?
And seriously, it was stupid of you not to take chemistry
Original post by sophiewillcox
I am in yr 12 and have recently taken a big interest in Dentistry as a future career. However at the time of choosing my A levels I was unsure of what I wanted to do so I took Psychology, Biology, Maths and further maths. I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE.... is there any way I would be considered for a dentistry course at uni without chemistry A level?

A level Chemsitry is mandatory for a BDS dentistry degree. It's a requirement for ALL UK dental schools. I've applied to study dentistry this year and I am not aware of an alternative pathway. I guess you could do a foundation year? I'm not sure how or where foundation years are offered when it come to dentistry.
Dundee and i think Manchester do a predental year for those who only study one science at a level :-)
Reply 4
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/dentistry_entry_requirements

According to this, you are pretty much screwed.

Quick Reply

Latest