The Student Room Group

The Photography Society

Scroll to see replies

Maybe another...

Was up at 3 this morning, so I decided the best course of action as I couldn't sleep was to take some photos:

Wow, perhaps I should get up at 3 if my photos will be that good :s-smilie:
wizard710
Wow, perhaps I should get up at 3 if my photos will be that good :s-smilie:

You never know :p: .

Seriously though, It reminds me I need to buy a tripod, it would have let me have some other good shots. Heres another one, as you liked the others...

Minardi
You never know :p: .

Seriously though, It reminds me I need to buy a tripod, it would have let me have some other good shots. Heres another one, as you liked the others...

Spoiler

I do like that one, I need to get out more, may take my camera to fireworks night on friday
So I've been out at night taking cliche pictures with my camera... my flatmate bought a tripod and we both decided it was the first thing we had to do! Taken between 530 and 6 this evening, all straight from the camera....

As usual, any comments always appreciated. :smile:
Awesome, I'll go out during the holidays
Reply 1247
previous two posts= they're awesome

how do you create that effect with the lights from the cars
dpwp

Leave the shutter open and it will all blur into one but to do it properly you need a DSLR to reduce the aperture as well
Matisse

Canon EOS 400D, Adobe Lightroom.

Those look fantastic. How did you get the effect on the last one?

dpwp

wizard710
Leave the shutter open and it will all blur into one but to do it properly you need a DSLR to reduce the aperture as well

Wizard is spot on, but I don't use an SLR :p: . I have a Panasonic FZ18 bridge, and I can only shut the lens down to f8.0, but the images still came out well. 8 seconds was used for the long trails, and about 1.5 for the short ones. I think.
Where were they taken?
Reply 1251
Ballyhalbert, N. Ireland. :smile:
Matisse

Canon EOS 400D, Adobe Lightroom.

Hey just a quick question. I might need to buy this camera soon so just wondering how you're finding it, how much it cost (can't find a definitive price anywhere), if you've got different lenses where they very expensive? etc. thanks.

Nice pics by the way Matisse and Minardi
£350 isn't bad compared to others lol.
Love your pics and I love polaroids. I'm too damn scared of using mine though just because of how expensive they are, I don't want to waste them!
I'm dithering between buying a holgaroid back as a xmas present to myself (because film's expensive and difficult to come by) or buying a LED hoop. lol

Also I need a bit more help if no one minds. I'm thinking of applying to this course, and I don't really have much experience in photography so I'm not sure what to write in my personal statement. Any ideas?
Matisse
Greetings. :smile: - Oh how I love polaroids and the photographs are also particularly nice. The composition is well thought out with the usage of space. They're almost like water colour. :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

I adore Polaroid too. I bought a Fuji Instax Mini because the film is much cheaper - I can't argue with 20 shots for £8.

I also was going to get a Polaroid back for my holga but I can't afford the film anymore. Grr. My poor Polaroid is sitting redundant on a shelf in my room.
tea_cakes
Thank you :smile:

I adore Polaroid too. I bought a Fuji Instax Mini because the film is much cheaper - I can't argue with 20 shots for £8.

I also was going to get a Polaroid back for my holga but I can't afford the film anymore. Grr. My poor Polaroid is sitting redundant on a shelf in my room.

are the fuji minis any good? oh and which one have you got?
polaroids are too expensive and will be a treat for me if I find something cheaper.
I love the first one. where do you buy your film? off ebay or what?
I get all my film from http://www.7dayshop.com/ It's usually much cheaper than film you can buy in the shops.

Instax mini film is £7.25 for a twin pack;
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=1&type=1205&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending