The Student Room Group

Which subject would you kill off?

Scroll to see replies

Woman's studies.
Original post by letsbehonest
I would kill off Chemistry

EVIL THING

Chemistry is wonderful!

It's physics which also needs to get the boot, followed closely by biology (but human biology is pretty cool)
So literature is more important than philosophy and sociology which actually have real world applications?!

Where the hell would you find a way to apply Shakespeare in the real world, or some stupid poem?:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
i would kill off chemistry

evil thing

hell yeah!!! Chem is evil!!!!
Reply 84
Original post by majmuh24
So literature is more important than philosophy and sociology which actually have real world applications?!

Where the hell would you find a way to apply Shakespeare in the real world, or some stupid poem?:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that it's the only part of humanities that I respect. It's definitely harder to write a novel than doing **** with philosophy.
Original post by MAyman12
I said that it's the only part of humanities that I respect. It's definitely harder to write a novel than doing **** with philosophy.

Not really. Philosophers actually think about some of the deepest questions that we have and try to make sense of the world around us, while all a fiction writer has to do is make stuff up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, for being very rude. I just get very angry when someone criticizes maths and science, I'm very bad at chemistry and biology btw. First of all philosophy is not hard. Second, philosophy can't explain the mind neuroscience does. The only branch of humanities that I can respect is languages and literature other than that humanities is useless.

But you can't say something's hard if you've never tried it. I get annoyed when people say humanities are easy and have never studied any, when I spent hours and hours working for my A-levels (I did French, History and Politics btw). History involves tons of remembering facts, dates, names etc. As well as analysis and evaluation, it's not as easy as writing a few facts about what happened plus the questions are always really ambiguous.
I'm going to study Politics and International Relations at uni, I guess it doesn't sound as impressive as physics or maths but it's what I'm interested in and what I'm good at. Plus I'm sure there are degrees far more useless than mine.
I would kill off Chemistry

EVIL THING

No! not my beloved chemistry!
Original post by pinpin95
hell yeah!!! Chem is evil!!!!

Yeah, great idea. Lets kill off the subject required for advances in medicine and responsible for all manner of processes we rely on.
Reply 89
Original post by Student-95
Yeah, great idea. Lets kill off the subject required for advances in medicine and responsible for all manner of processes we rely on.

This.:biggrin: I suck at chemistry, but that doesn't mean we should "kill" it.

Do **** with philosophy? Such as science you mean?
definitely English literature -> a complete waste of time in my opinion.

the author used the word blue because blue is the colour of the sky; thats it. it is by accident that blue is the colour of love and that the character happens to be in love... it is coincidence!
Reply 92
Original post by KingStannis
Do **** with philosophy? Such as science you mean?

Philosophy has nothing to do with science.

Yeah, great idea. Lets take a comment that was obviously intended as a joke and get all butthurt about it.
Original post by blobafet3
Yeah, great idea. Lets take a comment that was obviously intended as a joke and get all butthurt about it.

Oh, the irony.
Art. I was never particularly fond of some condescending teacher having a go at me because I couldn't draw or paint. Total waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Philosophy has nothing to do with science.

Just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97

Can you prove otherwise?
Oh, the irony.

Really? I didn't catch it. :confused: Or were you trying to say that chemistry is iron-y? Because I Fe-el you there dude, trying to learn all the transition metal colours for my qualitative assessment tomorrow.
Can you prove otherwise?

Why not educate yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest