The Student Room Group

Currently studying animation but debating swapping to psych?

Hi, I’ve started my first week of studying animation but I’ve had doubts about if it’s the right course for a few months but I couldn’t tell if it’s due to overthinking.
I like the potential opportunity’s an animation degree can open in regards to more creative fields (however rn I don’t want to work within one) and I’ve always enjoyed creating art. However my love for actually drawing has been dwindling fast for the past few years to the point where it’s nearly frustrating everytime I draw and the idea of drawing as a career sounds like it might kill any joy I had for it off. However I’ve enjoyed my first week of courses due to the people in my class and staff being friendly but it’s not changed the worry I have that I’ve made the wrong choice. However this could also be part due to me feeling ashamed for doing a more art based subject instead of an academic one.

Psychology on the other hand is something I find interesting and enjoyed at a-level. I don’t see myself getting a career within this field however especially not as a councillor or therapist which I know limits the actual use of my degree.

I don’t mind sinking time into either of these subjects I’m just worried I’ve made the wrong choice and I’m aware past the first week it will be very difficult for me to swap and catch up on another degrees content.

Idk 🥲 any opinions, I’ve been unable to book a careers appointment to talk to someone about this at uni as they’re only available next week and I go on a four day animation class trip on Monday so 😭 rahhh just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or opinions thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest