The Student Room Group

When to apply for student finance?

Hi everyone, I just have a few questions regarding student finance. I have made an account, I just haven't properly applied yet as my form tutor wanted to give me some more info, so I just wanted to know:

1) If I apply some time next week, will I get my money for the start of the year?

2) Other than NI number, p60s and bank details, what else do I need?

Thanks.
Hi Harry,

We recommend you submit your application by 30th May 2014 to ensure your funding is ready for the start of the academic year 2014/15.

In addition to the information you have mentioned, we also request you have your Passport Number to hand when you are completing your application for student finance.

Thanks
Reply 2
Okay thank you
Reply 3
Hi, I am the parent of a returning student. I am trying to support his application for 2014/2015 but all it says is that he is studying 2013/2014. He is on a four year course and is now doing his first year. Why is the student website not allowing him to apply or his parents to support his application for academic year 2014/2015 ?
Hi there,

If your son has completed his section of the 2014/15 application, and you are still unable to support his online application, we recommend you call us on 0845 300 5090 for further assistance.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there,

If your son has completed his section of the 2014/15 application, and you are still unable to support his online application, we recommend you call us on 0845 300 5090 for further assistance.

Thanks

Hi Mark, I just had a few questions regarding student finance:

1)I have just received my letter telling me how much I am entitled to and I realise that I don't actually need. Can I choose how much of the loan to take?

2) If I do not have a job when I graduate, will money still be taken from my account?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending