The Student Room Group

Is he really interested?

I have been friends with this guy for a good few months now, most of my friends don't like him because he has a history of cheating on woman, as well as leading them on thinking they have a chance when really all he wants is sex. I'm not the one for judging for what people say, I like to find out for myself.

Anyway, things were great between us we would text each other often, meet up at the weekend for drinks and catch ups. Then one time we met up he told him he liked me, and obversely I do like him back but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high incase he was just saying it as I've had this happen before.

Then after that things fizzle out, he would only start texting me when he was on the drink, he wouldn't pop up asking how I am like he use to. I understand things do fizzle out but I really liked this guy and I thought with him saying he liked me he would of started to show more of an interest. We haven't spoken in 2 weeks and i doubt i'd even get a reply at all now.

Was my mates right in saying he was only seeing if he could get some? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Yes, I think it is likely that your friends were right. Just shrug it off and move on, or confront him politely and just ask him to speak plainly with you about what happened.

I'm a bit bemused that you wanted to 'wait and see' if someone was indeed a cheat. Know it's just bad wording, but imagine if someone decided to 'wait and see' if their new sketchy housemate was a murderer, etc. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by awe
Yes, I think it is likely that your friends were right. Just shrug it off and move on, or confront him politely and just ask him to speak plainly with you about what happened.

I'm a bit bemused that you wanted to 'wait and see' if someone was indeed a cheat. Know it's just bad wording, but imagine if someone decided to 'wait and see' if their new sketchy housemate was a murderer, etc. :tongue:

I didn't mean for it to sound like that, what i meant to say was to wait and see if he was interested as i didn't want to be full on and say yes i like you too if he didn't really mean it back haha.
Yeah he likes you but probably not enough find someone who does :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Amandablanks
Yeah he likes you but probably not enough find someone who does :smile:

Thank you for being honest :smile:

Original post by AlphaNick
I don't see the problem... just ask him next time you see him. If he was actually joking, you have the moral high-ground; but I doubt he would do that. Don't be put off by him not asking how you are - I found that when I went on 'streaks' like that chatting with people I liked, I was neglecting empathy a bit because I was so absorbed about what was going on.

Thank you for being honest :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AlphaNick
I don't see the problem... just ask him next time you see him. If he was actually joking, you have the moral high-ground; but I doubt he would do that. Don't be put off by him not asking how you are - I found that when I went on 'streaks' like that chatting with people I liked, I was neglecting empathy a bit because I was so absorbed about what was going on.

I've asked him a few times he just keeping biting my head off or doesn't reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending