The Student Room Group

Would it be weird to ask what number a guy I met at an festival three weeks ago had?

I was at an festival about three weeks ago and met an hot and funny nice guy there. We talked about music among other things. In the evening he entered my tent and we kissed and cuddled. He wanted to have sex but I didn't wanna have sex that evening. Anyway I got his friends number so that we would be able to meet up at the festival location after a band had played, neither me or the friend were interested in each other. I forgot to ask what number the guy I met had. He lived 5 hours away from me by car so it's somewhat of an distance between us, but I would drive that far to visit him if he is interested. Would it be weird to ask his friend for his number? We only met each other for two days but I really liked him. Do you think he only wanted to hook up or was he interested in me?
Is it weird because there were three weeks since the festival or because we live far away from each other?
Reply 1
He wanted sex with a virtual stranger, didn't offer his number, you didn't ask him or give yours. What kind of interest do you think there is, cos I'm not seeing any?
Original post by Surnia
He wanted sex with a virtual stranger, didn't offer his number, you didn't ask him or give yours. What kind of interest do you think there is, cos I'm not seeing any?

I'm hoping he would like to go for a date or something. I didn't think of asking him at the festival.
Doesn't seem like much interest from his part and tbh he probably doesn't even remember you, blunt but true. It's also crazy that you're saying you would drive 5 hours to see someone you barely know...
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Doesn't seem like much interest from his part and tbh he probably doesn't even remember you, blunt but true. It's also crazy that you're saying you would drive 5 hours to see someone you barely know...

I really enjoyed talking to him and he was the first person I kissed, but I didn't tell him that because I found it embarrassing that I kissed for the first time at 20.
Original post by Kaleidoscopefrog
I really enjoyed talking to him and he was the first person I kissed, but I didn't tell him that because I found it embarrassing that I kissed for the first time at 20.

If he was that interested in pursuing something serious with you he would have given you his number or asked for your socials. He didn't so it's unlikely he cares, I think you need to move on and stop obsessing over one random guy, find someone closer to home.
Reply 6
I was at an festival about three weeks ago and met an hot and funny nice guy there. We talked about music among other things. In the evening he entered my tent and we kissed and cuddled. He wanted to have sex but I didn't wanna have sex that evening. Anyway I got his friends number so that we would be able to meet up at the festival location after a band had played, neither me or the friend were interested in each other. I forgot to ask what number the guy I met had. He lived 5 hours away from me by car so it's somewhat of an distance between us, but I would drive that far to visit him if he is interested. Would it be weird to ask his friend for his number? We only met each other for two days but I really liked him. Do you think he only wanted to hook up or was he interested in me?
Is it weird because there were three weeks since the festival or because we live far away from each other?

ibsr dont fall for a guy u met at a festival especially when he lives 5 hours away. harsh but true just move on
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
If he was that interested in pursuing something serious with you he would have given you his number or asked for your socials. He didn't so it's unlikely he cares, I think you need to move on and stop obsessing over one random guy, find someone closer to home.

I don't care that he lives 5 hours away, if it would become serious I would be willing to move. Would it be weird or awkward if I asked his friend for his number? Maybe he thought I wasn't interested because I didn't ask for his number. Why would he sit and talk to me for several hours if he just wanted to hook up?
I don't care that he lives 5 hours away, if it would become serious I would be willing to move. Would it be weird or awkward if I asked his friend for his number? Maybe he thought I wasn't interested because I didn't ask for his number. Why would he sit and talk to me for several hours if he just wanted to hook up?

It would be a bit weird to ask for the number 3 weeks later but if you’re that into him then go for it I guess.
Reply 9

So why didn't you ask for his number? And you've probably answered your own question in that last sentence.
Original post by Surnia
So why didn't you ask for his number? And you've probably answered your own question in that last sentence.

I guess I'm used to guys doing that so I didn't really think about it. I don't understand, what would the answer be?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I guess I'm used to guys doing that so I didn't really think about it. I don't understand, what would the answer be?

He talked to you for several hours because he wanted to hook up? Those 2 actions aren't mutually exclusive.
Reply 12
No particular harm in asking, but it’s certainly a long shot also with the distance. There’s plenty more good people to find and kiss
Original post by Surnia
He talked to you for several hours because he wanted to hook up? Those 2 actions aren't mutually exclusive.

Well maybe he only wanted to hook up, I don't know. But there is a chance he would like more. Will I embarrass my self if I ask his friend now several weeks later?
Original post by Anonymous
Well maybe he only wanted to hook up, I don't know. But there is a chance he would like more. Will I embarrass my self if I ask his friend now several weeks later?

If you're never likely to see the friend again it doesn't really matter if you embarrass yourself. Just send a casual message saying do you have X's number, no need to go into detail about why. My advice is just don't get your expectations up about it leading to a long term relationship etc. Maybe it will but more likely it won't.
Reply 15
I don't think there's any harm in asking for his number. But given he lives 5 hours away, I think it's perhaps unlikely anything will come of this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending