The Student Room Group

I'm retaking some subjects but this was only recently decided, will it affect my ucas

Ok, so I've only recently been able to get my school to enter me into some additional exams (A/S retakes as I'm trying to go from BCDD A/S to A*AA- A*A*A* A level, just because last year I couldn't study due to various reasons, so I need some retakes)
This has only been put down by the school about 3 weeks ago, as a result it's not on my application. I've got all my offers, but would it affect them if I retake those exams that I didn't put on ucas as redoing?
Could this affect the offer, as the uni has given me an offer based on what I've told them via ucas, and if so, should I contact UCAS or the uni's I've put as my firm and insurance?
Original post by teamvezon10
Ok, so I've only recently been able to get my school to enter me into some additional exams (A/S retakes as I'm trying to go from BCDD A/S to A*AA- A*A*A* A level, just because last year I couldn't study due to various reasons, so I need some retakes)
This has only been put down by the school about 3 weeks ago, as a result it's not on my application. I've got all my offers, but would it affect them if I retake those exams that I didn't put on ucas as redoing?
Could this affect the offer, as the uni has given me an offer based on what I've told them via ucas, and if so, should I contact UCAS or the uni's I've put as my firm and insurance?

You need to contact Ucas because otherwise there will be a delay in matching up your results with the exams you said you were taking and that could either slow down your confirmation of a place if you met your offer, or entering clearing if you didn't. After that, call the universities and tell them. If they have given you an offer already, they were clearly happy with your application as it was, and this is only likely to make your results better, so they won't mind.
I don't think it would make that much of a difference because people do end up retaking more exams than they have indicated in their UCAS usually, sometimes just to try and maximise their AS scores as much as possible... But yeah go and let them know but as it's just module resits I'm sure it won't matter too much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending