The Student Room Group

Dropping extra A-Level subject after submitting UCAS

I have offers for AAB/ABB, I submited my application to UCAS with my predicted grades A*AA (with an A* in an AS) in my current retake year, my previous A-Levels being BBC. Since I have applied, I want to drop a subject since I can't afford to pay for another A-Level. I already have the B achieved, hence only needing 1/2 As. Thus I'd still be able to meet the offer without the extra subject (A grade) which is enough. Will this affect my offer on results day for not doing the retaking the extra A-Level even if I meet my offer? It is not subject specific. The only issue is I haven't received all my offers and the deadline to pay for my A-Levels is soon and I'm scared to change it before I potentially get an offer because it might mean I'm less likely to get one. (I'm eligible for contextual by the way)
Original post by sanwwio
I have offers for AAB/ABB, I submited my application to UCAS with my predicted grades A*AA (with an A* in an AS) in my current retake year, my previous A-Levels being BBC. Since I have applied, I want to drop a subject since I can't afford to pay for another A-Level. I already have the B achieved, hence only needing 1/2 As. Thus I'd still be able to meet the offer without the extra subject (A grade) which is enough. Will this affect my offer on results day for not doing the retaking the extra A-Level even if I meet my offer? It is not subject specific. The only issue is I haven't received all my offers and the deadline to pay for my A-Levels is soon and I'm scared to change it before I potentially get an offer because it might mean I'm less likely to get one. (I'm eligible for contextual by the way)

Once you say you are sitting a subject you are expected to take it. The university has made offers based on that and part of the contract means you have to take it. If you drop it a university is entitled to change or withdraw any offer made.

That is the legal basis but in practice universities dont care as long as you achieve the grades. To prevent any problems you need to contact the university before dropping a subject and getting their agreement. It is highly unlikely they will object but you will be covering yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending