The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

History offers 2014

Just wondering whether anyone has heard back for history yet as St. Andrews is the last offer I'm waiting for.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Petal96
Just wondering whether anyone has heard back for history yet as St. Andrews is the last offer I'm waiting for.

Last year a majority of UK students didn't hear back until the very last day of the deadline, and some the days after. You will hear soon though :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by ElizabethRG
Last year a majority of UK students didn't hear back until the very last day of the deadline, and some the days after. You will hear soon though :smile:

Ah okay thanks, I just really want to firm my first choice but still would be nice to see if St Andrews would have accepted me
Reply 3
I have an unconditional for Modern History and German!
What are you firming for your first choice?
Reply 4
Original post by Zarabee
I have an unconditional for Modern History and German!
What are you firming for your first choice?

Wow nice, when did you get your offer? And Edinburgh, is St. Andrews your first choice?
Original post by Petal96
Wow nice, when did you get your offer? And Edinburgh, is St. Andrews your first choice?

Trust me when I say it would be smarter to firm St Andrews over Edinburgh, from an academic point of view!
Reply 6
Original post by Petal96

Only yesterday :smile: And Edinburgh is the only one I'm still waiting on! And yes, I think it's my first. Still have a couple of other uni's to visit but I think my heart is pretty much set on St A's.
Reply 7
Original post by Calllu-m
Trust me when I say it would be smarter to firm St Andrews over Edinburgh, from an academic point of view!

Not from world league table perspectives. Edinburgh has always been my first choice, and whilst I realise St. Andrews is a very respected uni, it has a few things which put me off.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Zarabee
Only yesterday :smile: And Edinburgh is the only one I'm still waiting on! And yes, I think it's my first. Still have a couple of other uni's to visit but I think my heart is pretty much set on St A's.

Ah nice, where else did you apply?
Reply 9
Original post by Petal96
Ah nice, where else did you apply?

I have unconditionals for Aberdeen and Dundee as well. I applied to St A's twice :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Zarabee
I have unconditionals for Aberdeen and Dundee as well. I applied to St A's twice :smile:

Well done, got my offer though just now :smile:
Reply 11
I applied for History too and am still waiting to hear back! Thought I was one of very few! Im so desperate at this point as I have gotten all my other offers but want to hear back from St Andrews before making a decision! :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by LSE1996
I applied for History too and am still waiting to hear back! Thought I was one of very few! Im so desperate at this point as I have gotten all my other offers but want to hear back from St Andrews before making a decision! :frown:

Yeah they were the last of my choices to reply, where else have you got offers from?
Reply 13
Original post by Petal96
Yeah they were the last of my choices to reply, where else have you got offers from?

Cambridge, UCL, KCL and Leeds. :biggrin:
Original post by Calllu-m

Would you say there's really that much between them? I am deciding between St Andrews/Edinburgh/possibly UCL, and I would say I'm more inclined to Edinburgh because of the location - I'd rather study in a city (though not too big) than a small town like St Andrews (also Durham before they rejected me too - soz was having a wee sneaky look at your sig :tongue:).
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Would you say there's really that much between them? I am deciding between St Andrews/Edinburgh/possibly UCL, and I would say I'm more inclined to Edinburgh because of the location - I'd rather study in a city (though not too big) than a small town like St Andrews (also Durham before they rejected me too - soz was having a wee sneaky look at your sig :tongue:).

Academics are subjective too… just because it has a good academic reputation doesn't mean it's right for everyone academically :P

You should pick wherever you feel most comfortable/most want to go, regardless of academic rankings :smile:
Reply 16
Has anyone heard back since??
I've got an offer for mediaeval history, it came through early this month. Has anyone else got an offer for mediaeval history?
Original post by j3r3mybush3ll
I've got an offer for mediaeval history, it came through early this month. Has anyone else got an offer for mediaeval history?

Yeah, I got one for Mediaeval History & Mathematics. Came through on January 29th. Congrats on your offer.
Original post by sneakysquirrel
Yeah, I got one for Mediaeval History & Mathematics. Came through on January 29th. Congrats on your offer.

Well done to you as well, glad someone else is doing mediaeval history, i've been asking people for ages, you're the first one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending