The Student Room Group

Riga Stradins University - Latvia - Medical School (English)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onomatopriya
Hi I am thinking of applying this year for September 2015 entry. I am in year 13 now.

Hey i am going to apply, was wondering who you are applying through?
Original post by ThePrettySailor
Hey i am going to apply, was wondering who you are applying through?

I am not applying through anyone. I just went on the university's website and found the page which has all the procedures which you need to follow to apply.
I am not applying through anyone. I just went on the university's website and found the page which has all the procedures which you need to follow to apply.

Are you applying anywhere else?
Are you applying anywhere else?

I have applied for Plovdiv MU in Bulgaria. Thats it.
I have applied for Plovdiv MU in Bulgaria. Thats it.

I was considering it, i am looking into it at the moment. Except their website last time i checked was difficult to navigate.

Thanks! Good Luck!!
I was considering it, i am looking into it at the moment. Except their website last time i checked was difficult to navigate.

Thanks! Good Luck!!

I would recommend this website: http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/site/study-medicine-in-europe.html
It contains info on all the universities in Europe which teach medicine.
Thank you! Good luck to you too!! :biggrin:
I would recommend this website: http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/site/study-medicine-in-europe.html
It contains info on all the universities in Europe which teach medicine.
Thank you! Good luck to you too!! :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by ellalucie
Hi,

I've been offered a place to study medicine at Riga this September, just wondering whether anyone else has applied from the UK?

Hiya Ellalucie,

Did you end up studying at Riga? I am thinking of applying there this year and was wondering how you like it.

Cheers x
Original post by Nisha_Siva
Hiya Ellalucie,

Did you end up studying at Riga? I am thinking of applying there this year and was wondering how you like it.

Cheers x

Hey yeah im at Riga stradins now :smile: if you have any questions just message me x
Oh great! How are you finding it! I'm applying it looks like one of the better universities in Europe. Did you find the application process difficult to sort out?
Original post by Nisha_Siva
Oh great! How are you finding it! I'm applying it looks like one of the better universities in Europe. Did you find the application process difficult to sort out?

It wasn't difficult, but getting the medical forms and X-rays was obviously time consuming! Yeah loving it here, it's a very intense course but it'll definitely be worth it :smile:
As far as I know it's really easy to get to the uni, but it's really hard to stay. I know some really good students who would be f*****g extatic to get 4 out of 10 for the test. For each additional attempt to pass the test you would be expected to pay a fee of 600€ (again it's last years fees). There's only 2 additional attempts to pass the test. If you weren't lucky - pack your stuff, you will be sacked. Oh and be prepared to fail the test first time ;-) i really wouldn't worry about A levels :-) best of luck
Reply 32
I'm thinking about studying Dentistry there in Feb 2016 but I can't find anyone who is actually studying Dentistry there to ask them what it's like.
Could those of you who have been offered a place to study give some guidance on the letter of motivation, i.e. how long should this be and what did you include and put extra emphasis on?

Thank you!
Reply 34
Any UK or Irish applying to start Sept 2016/Feb 2017? Just starting the application process now, be great to hear from anybody who has been accepted!

Also anybody attending the open day on August 26th?
Reply 35
Original post by Eóin
Any UK or Irish applying to start Sept 2016/Feb 2017? Just starting the application process now, be great to hear from anybody who has been accepted!

Also anybody attending the open day on August 26th?

I've just received my acceptance letter for Riga to study Medicine through the post earlier this week. I will be moving to Riga to begin study starting in 2016. I've heard it's challenging but really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I did not get into medical school in the UK but I have heard good things about Riga Stradins from people I know who have previously studied there/still studying there. Would be great to know if any fellow UK students will be moving to Riga in September 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I am applying to start Feb 2017 and Im going to open day on August 26th.
Hey everyone!
Im a Portuguese student and I'm applying to Riga´s University to start in February 2017! Anyone else here applying for this time too?
I have a few questions relating how this February semester works (when are the holidays, what are the dates for the start and end of each semester, etc.). Is there anyone here, that is either in the university already or that just knows, that can help me answer these?

Thank you
Reply 38
Original post by DiogoCarvalho
Hey everyone!
Im a Portuguese student and I'm applying to Riga´s University to start in February 2017! Anyone else here applying for this time too?
I have a few questions relating how this February semester works (when are the holidays, what are the dates for the start and end of each semester, etc.). Is there anyone here, that is either in the university already or that just knows, that can help me answer these?

Thank you

Hello, I am a first year medical student I recently stared at RSU at the beginning of September. Holidays work exactly the same as if you were starting in September you'll be glad to hear. Over here at RSU it works in semesters as opposed to calling it 1st year 2nd year etc.

Only differences are that your first semester will start in February and run till the end of June. You'll have a week or so off for Easter holidays. At the end of June you will have your 1st semester exams, with summer holidays in July and August.

Your 2nd semester will start in September and run till the end of January, with end of semester exams at the end of January. You'll have nearly 2 weeks off over Christmas time :smile:

There are a couple of national holiday days throughout the year which you won't have teaching on. I've attached a copy of the Spring semester 2017 academic calendar which will make it a little more clear for you.

http://www.rsu.lv/eng/study-here/upon-arrival/academic-calendar

Hope this helps answer some of your questions, let me know if you have any other questions and although I am a new student myself I will try and help :smile: All the best with your application to study at RSU!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Hi, Im applying to start Feb 2017 and going to open day on August 26th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending