The Student Room Group

how do you know if a guy will be dominating in bed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Guess you could argue that the quieter types, instead of taking their aggression out at the gym or by being loud and annoying express it in other forms... such as sex.

Hence why some here have claimed that they have been more dominating
Well if you don't want to ask straight up then it's pretty obvious what the other way to find out is...
Reply 22
I wish I was more dominating, but sadly my personality is not like that. I'm a naturally depressive person, I look too innocent and I don't have a masculine, confident look to me.

It's normally easy to tell how dominant a guy will be in bed from the way his face and body looks. You can usually tell by the way their eyes look and their face structure. Then you can tell further by the way he carries himself.

I'm sure I could tell you within 10 seconds of observing a guy whether he would be dominant in bed. In 99% of cases, I would guess right.
Reply 23
I would add that many guys shy away from being dominating because they have heard stories about women crying rape, women using their gender to screw over men, giving out wrong signals and then blaming the man for sexual harrassment etc.

So part of the reason why men have become less dominant over the years can be blamed on women. They have forced too many men in modern society to become these wimpy people who have to pussyfoot around women.
Original post by samba
Not really dominance if it's when you 'want him to be' is it? Sounds more like submission; your bitch is doing what you want and enjoys it.

Sometimes I like it sometimes I don't so we communicate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bassetts
I would add that many guys shy away from being dominating because they have heard stories about women crying rape, women using their gender to screw over men, giving out wrong signals and then blaming the man for sexual harrassment etc.

So part of the reason why men have become less dominant over the years can be blamed on women. They have forced too many men in modern society to become these wimpy people who have to pussyfoot around women.

Oh Bassetts don't become one of those guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
During a short walk through my Uni yesterday I counted twelve signs telling me not to rape anyone. We have created a climate in which sexual aggression is rightly condemned (and as someone with a mother, sisters, and a girlfriend I am glad of this). However, the consequence of this is that men are going to be more and more wary of acting in a way that could be misconstrued as assault.

This week the papers reported on how a child-actor pretended to be lost in a busy London station and was ignored by over six hundred people. Initially the blame was on how selfish and uncaring modern Britons are. Eventually it occurred to commentators that this might be the result of their years of paedophile scaremongering: people are frightened to talk to children in case some dreadful accusation gets made.

For me, I would only be dominating if explicitly asked and only with a partner I genuinely trusted. I'm sorry if that means women who want spontaneously dominating types have to ask, but that's the world we've created for ourselves.
Reply 27
Original post by Odd socks
Oh Bassetts don't become one of those guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm saying that we live in a society where any sexual dominance by men is usually taken as sexual assault, invasion of personal space, rape etc. Most guys are afraid to be dominant unless they are given obvious signals or get told explicitly by a woman they want him to be dominant. Many guys are terrible at reading women too (including me).
Reply 28
Generally those kind of traits are evident for a reason. Usually either because the guy suffers with depression & insecurities and thus craves the control because he lacks it in other aspects of life, or because he has to control everything in life, hence the alpha male type.
Evidently you're not attracted to doubt and insecurities, you need a man to be sure of himself, but you really can't judge someone by looking at their appearance, you may find what you're looking for, you may find someone who enjoys more than just the feeling of control. What do you do if you find out too late that they're the type of person who's going to actually hurt you?
Be upfront with people, tell them as soon as you feel comfortable and gauge their response.
You never know, people like me look normal enough and I'm considered kind & caring, but when the moods right I'm just as likely to pull hair, bite/scratch, spank, tie you down and abuse you as I am to make love to someone :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
i really like guys who enjoy being dominating, not just doing it because i may like it. but i find most guys kinda boring sexually , i have been trying to work out what a guy may like sexually by his personality but im finding i hard to really say. from the outside appearance you may think a confident masculine player guy would be more dominating. however, i dated a guy who was skinny, good looking but suffered from depression and was abit too nice, he seemed to be in to dominating, but because he appeared so weak and nice i couldnt find it attractive in him. so is there any way in telling?

There is no way of telling. You either have to ask or you have to go for a test ride.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending