The Student Room Group

Starting Uni in September 2014 thread

Scroll to see replies

Im starting at Leeds Met to study Criminology, but im starting from 2nd year as already done my first year at home! so very nervous about that aspect :frown: #newkid
Original post by bubble999
Hey all!

Are you starting University in September? What will you be studying and where? :smile:

Have you got any worries about starting, or are you excited?

Chat away :h:

Sports psychology at Bounemouth- really excited! :smile:

yourself?
I'll be doing Tourism Management at Edinburgh Napier, I'll be going into second year as I'm just about to finish my HNC in Travel and Tourism.

Not really excited about uni in particular, but I'm excited about moving away from home.
Original post by LilyLouise2
I'm hoping to study Law at Bristol too :smile: I'm in year 13 though so I still have to get the grades ( fingers crossed!) I'm pretty nervous, I'm quite shy naturally so I'm worried about how quickly I will settle in!

Original post by purple_clouds
Im going to study Law at Bristol University. im really excited about uni i just cant wait for it to start. the best this is that my offer is unconditional so i dont have to worry about exams as i have already taken them last year.
6 months to go! :biggrin:

I'm going Bristol as well, and ironically we'll be in the same building and share a common room too. I'm doing geology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uni is for the weak :lol:

Studying : Cass Business School (City) - BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management
Offer : Conditional AAA
Hopefully, Chemical Engineering at Manchester (:
Original post by FlyHigh_er
I'm going Bristol as well, and ironically we'll be in the same building and share a common room too. I'm doing geology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool :smile: I haven't fully decided between Bristol or Birmingham yet, but I think I might be firming Bristol :smile:
Journalism at Kent, conditional offer of BTEC DDM- anything over that (I'm predicted D*D*D*, and being a perfectionist I'm bloody determined to get that!) and I'll get the £2,000 scholarship! I'm so excited to be self-sufficient and independent, I'm living at home at Medway is only a 50 minute drive away, so it's all good for me! :biggrin:
Radio at South Wales. Unconditional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Economics with finance at Queens hopefully :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
I'll be studying Web Development in September, I hold an unconditional so I cannot wait! Now the preparation begins! I'm pretty excited about having my very own saucepans though :biggrin: haha!

If anybody else is starting at Trinity St David this year please do get in contact :smile:
Original post by LilyLouise2
That's cool :smile: I haven't fully decided between Bristol or Birmingham yet, but I think I might be firming Bristol :smile:

I got an offer from Birmingham as well but chose Bristol. What's holding you back? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
nice! i really wish there was a facebook group for future students like us. anyways, good luck with getting the grades and we will hopefully see you there :smile:

Bristol firmers do have a fb page, if you go into one of the Bristol firmers/accom threads on TSR, HazelRedLeaf has posted the link. :biggrin: what accom are you thinking of going for?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol firmers do have a fb page, if you go into one of the Bristol firmers/accom threads on TSR, HazelRedLeaf has posted the link. :biggrin: what accom are you thinking of going for?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Actuarial Science at Heriot Watt:biggrin: super excited; was my first choice aswell..:smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I'll be doing Tourism Management at Edinburgh Napier, I'll be going into second year as I'm just about to finish my HNC in Travel and Tourism.

Not really excited about uni in particular, but I'm excited about moving away from home.

No offense, but why not a college course or working if you care more about moving than the education that the move will bring?
Reply 37
Adult nursing at Salford in September. I need 36 Merit or Distinction. I have 27 so far, so really close to meeting my offer!
Reply 38
I'll hopefully move to Glasgow for Psychology MA
I'm quite worried as I'm moving from Italy, leaving all friends, my family and my boyfriend there :/
At the same time it's too exciting :smile:
good il check it out. for accommodation im choosing wills hall as my first choice and hiatt baker as second. what about you?

I'm going for Hiatt Baker first, either the self catered or catered bit, haven't decided which i want, then probably Manor or the other Hiatt Baker hall.

how many exams do you have coming up? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending