The Student Room Group

Saloon drivers - who has the biggest boot?

Scroll to see replies

*vw YAWNS*
Reply 2
Vectra have 500 - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/vauxhall/vectra/saloon-2005/31795/ (not the correct model I drive however effort to check which mine is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
Vectra have 500 - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/vauxhall/vectra/saloon-2005/31795/ (not the correct model I drive however effort to check which mine is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stand corrected :biggrin: Always imagined the Vectra saloon to have a smallish boot. I wonder what the biggest boot it, VW Phaeton maybe?
Reply 4
Series 62 Cadillac?
Jag XJ winning at 520 litres. Not a great deal of variation in boot sizes it seems
Reply 6
Original post by traintracks1995
Jag XJ winning at 520 litres. Not a great deal of variation in boot sizes it seems

Are you trying for the "most number of schtupid threads in a year" trophy?
Original post by JC.
Are you trying for the "most number of schtupid threads in a year" trophy?

Nope. I am very interested in cars and like to start discussion.
You have a Passat, we get it.
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
You have a Passat, we get it.

Turbo charged direct injection, sports diesel saloon Passat. With electronic hand brake in imperial blue
Reply 10
Get a new car. Your Passat talk is getting stale.

Holey Moley. We have a weiner
Reply 12
Nope. I am very interested in cars and like to start discussion.

Your choice of vehicle would suggest otherwise!
Reply 13
Is this the first in a series of threads in a bid to create the most boring game of Top Trumps ever?
Does boot size correlate with level of saloon prestige? Or is that a separate category independent of boot size?
Haha, traintracks1995 is a legend.
Original post by russellsteapot
Does boot size correlate with level of saloon prestige? Or is that a separate category independent of boot size?

Boot size is a measure of prestige. The bigger the boot, the better.

I have no need for a 480 litre boot, but its nice to know that I could carry more teenage girls in there than say a Golf

Original post by JC.
Your choice of vehicle would suggest otherwise!

Don't hate on the Passat.

I needed to something fairly frugal (high mileages), fairly quick, and it had to be a large saloon. To a budget of 5k
Reply 17

Don't hate on the Passat.

I needed to something fairly frugal (high mileages), fairly quick, and it had to be a large saloon. To a budget of 5k

Hate to burst your bubble, but it ain't "quick" and it isn't "large". It's mid sized.
Original post by JC.
Hate to burst your bubble, but it ain't "quick" and it isn't "large". It's mid sized.

Passat is nearly as big as a Merc E class.

That makes it a "large" car in my book (most would agree.

Quick is relative anyway.

But what would you have brought, to my criterion ?
I have 400L, not bad for a hatchback tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending