The Student Room Group

How to care for coloured hair?

I'm asking for a friend:
What do all you pretty ladies use in your hair to get it all soft and shiny? My hair is dry and dull as hell from all the dye and i need help and suggestions :x

Any advice you could give?
Reply 1
When I had died hair, I used to just condition it using regular conditioner and it'd be just as soft and smooth as before if not even smoother. But it all depends on the brand of dye you use
Reply 2
I used a deep conditioner once a week when I used to dye mine blonde, kept it soft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Head and Shoulders do an amazing shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair, not sure if they still do it but that one was really good :yep:

Re: deep conditioners, Argan Oil and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle one are both amazing. I leave mine in for half an hour a week, wrap my hair in foil and go do other stuff - hair was totally frizzled after I went blonde once, but that really helped :smile:
Reply 4
Henna Conditioner! Also Moroccan or argan oil when blow drying hair x
Reply 5
Store bought hair masks are great, you can even cover your head with a shower cap and sleep with it. You can make some at home, but they don't smell as good, so I wouldn't recommend sleeping in them.
Then there's hot oil treatments, putting eggs in your hair, rinsing with cold water, leaving your conditioner in for a good few minutes whilst you shower, eating good food for your hair, going outside frequently, massaging your scalp, brushing your hair once a day (tenderly),letting your hair air dry as much as possible (towel dry and rubbing it= split ends) and you can invest in leave in conditioner. Oh and using high quality dye is better. Some people swear by apple cider vinegar rinses, but I don't like it because it makes my hair smell like salad.

Quick Reply

Latest