The Student Room Group

Ask me any questions about starting uni (i am a third year)

Scared, nervous or excited? ask me anything you want to know about university life.

Scroll to see replies

Gonna move this :smile:
How is it like making friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What was the most useful items of stationary you bought. Please do not say "pen", I mean in terms of folders and cheapest/best/most useful etc.
lol stationary :borat:
Very excited (but also quite nervous) about all the social aspects of being a Uni student and moving into halls etc.

Any tips about general life and making friends?
Reply 6
any tips on how to deal with flatmates?
Original post by Castro Saint
Very excited (but also quite nervous) about all the social aspects of being a Uni student and moving into halls etc.

Any tips about general life and making friends?

Just be sociable cook wile others cook drink wile others drink oh and don't be the one (there is always one) that stays in there room all night on the first night go out with everyone else
How hard does 2nd year of uni get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
stationary? i think the answer is lots of alcohol!

as for how hard it gets?.. well.. not that much realy.. but you learn to party harder!

What uni you guys planning on going?
Original post by Holly_Exeter
stationary? i think the answer is lots of alcohol!

as for how hard it gets?.. well.. not that much realy.. but you learn to party harder!

What uni you guys planning on going?

Well am a first year at leeds met uni . Its good city and pretty decent uni in itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
niceeee Leeds should have an awesome night life you'll love it!

Im at Exeter, used to go out like 4 times a week during freshers... was so good!
Original post by Holly_Exeter
niceeee Leeds should have an awesome night life you'll love it!

Im at Exeter, used to go out like 4 times a week during freshers... was so good!

Yeah leeds is great for nightlife. I had to calm down on clubbing. Spent too much money on it. Cant wait for end of the year, leeds will be popping offf. You still in uni and if so what year are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Im at Exeter too - 2nd year. You're gonna love it!! If you nervous about the nightlife or want to know more about it thestudentbubble.com is worth checking out - it's a new site but has a fair few reviews of venues from students at Exeter
Reply 14
My favourite pen is a quill and ink because it makes me look posh.
Reply 15
2nd year is harder than 1st year, but less hard than 3rd year.
Reply 16
My tip for making friends is to be naked as often as possible. The human body is a glorious thing, and people will recognise this and want to be your friend.
Is self catered or part catered accommodation better?
Reply 18
If your not a drinker is there a point going uni to stay on campus
Original post by Diwani
If your not a drinker is there a point going uni to stay on campus

Omg someone else who don't like drinking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending