The Student Room Group

History Student Organisation and Stationery

I'm beginning my History degree in september, and i'd like a few rough ideas of what sort of stationery i need to get, cos i don't want to go overboard (which i probably will anyway, MASSIVE STATIONERY NERD HERE). If any current history students would be willing to post how they organise their notes/folders/general organisation that would be hugely helpful.

Also, any non-history specific organisation ideas would also be helpful!

Cheers all, xx
Reply 1
I used one notebook for each module to take notes in lectures/seminars, and then generally had a folder/lever arch file to store notes from extra reading, handouts etc. I also had a section in each folder for the essays we had to do for that particular module etc.

At my university they often gave a lot of handouts for seminars, typically documents that we had to read & analyse for the next session; these I tried to consolidate into one paper folder that I would then organize at the end of the week, filing stuff away etc. It also meant I could carry the notes from reading etc. that I might want for a seminar, but not have to cart all the individual folders in every day, and thus reduce the amount of stuff I had to carry. It did occasionally build up though, especially when an essay or something was due and I wasn't as organized in filing stuff away & preparing for the next week :tongue:
Reply 2
Reply 3
I don't use anything.
I study a similar subject, and I have one ringbinder and set of file dividers per module, and then one notepad to take notes in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending