Scroll to see replies

22/5/14

DB Shoulder press - 17.5kg (4x8) PB
Lat Pulldown - 60kg (5x5) PB
CGBP (paused) - 42.5kg (3x8) I think
Curls - 10kg (9,9,7)
Side raises - 7.5kg (3x8)
Rear delt flyes

Annoying that I have to clean the barbell for CGBP, much prefer using a bar to dumbbells though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reps4Jesus
22/5/14

DB Shoulder press - 17.5kg (4x8) PB
Lat Pulldown - 60kg (5x5) PB
CGBP (paused) - 42.5kg (3x8) I think
Curls - 10kg (9,9,7)
Side raises - 7.5kg (3x8)
Rear delt flyes

Annoying that I have to clean the barbell for CGBP, much prefer using a bar to dumbbells though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have a bench station?

You could always try dips if you want a tricep dominant exercise which isn't a complete isolation,
Original post by illusionz
You don't have a bench station?

You could always try dips if you want a tricep dominant exercise which isn't a complete isolation,

No I don't sadly

Can't do dips due to elbow problems

Usually I get someone to lift the barbell up for me when I'm lying down but there was no-one in the gym today

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I don't sadly

Can't do dips due to elbow problems

Usually I get someone to lift the barbell up for me when I'm lying down but there was no-one in the gym today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough. Guess you're making the most of an unideal situation.

Also I was reading a page back, re bulgarian split squats, start on a lower weight while you get your balance sorted. I really like them, really hit the quads and glutes and I don't have any of the issues I had with smith squats. They key is finding the right distance from the bench and ensuring you go down not forwards. As with squats your knee shouldn't stick over your toes.
(edited 9 years ago)
I did Bulgarian split squats on my progression toward pistol squats. I haven't done them in a year or so. Nice exercise though. Lunges hurt my knees but these don't. Good fun when you can do them like a boss and they look deceptively easy; this guy at gym tried them and had a wtf look on his face when he couldnt lol

Sent from my HTC One
I'll definitely give them another go

Cheers guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, why 9,9,7?
Original post by tehforum
Also, why 9,9,7?

Couldn't get the 8th rep? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't get the 8th rep? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do 8,8,8 instead
So do 8,8,8 instead

That logic doesn't work. You don't know whether you'll get the last reps of the last set before you get there. Besides there is no reason to do 3x8 over 9,9,7.
So do 8,8,8 instead

But I've don't 8,8,8 before

9,9,7 is more reps ie more time under tension ie more hypertrophy dude :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
That logic doesn't work. You don't know whether you'll get the last reps of the last set before you get there. Besides there is no reason to do 3x8 over 9,9,7.

Granted 9,9,7 has one more rep, but the struggle for the 9th rep in the first two sets should enable him to get the 8th rep on the 3rd set.
Granted 9,9,7 has one more rep, but the struggle for the 9th rep in the first two sets should enable him to get the 8th rep on the 3rd set.

That's still no reason to do 3x8 instead.
That's still no reason to do 3x8 instead.

He could up the weight at a faster rate?

You and I both know that increasing weight on DB curls is a damn slow process and increasing reps is the better way to progress from session to session.

I've done 3x8 before but can't do many reps with the 12.5kg DBs so I go for rep progression with the 10s instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
In to watch :tongue:
You and I both know that increasing weight on DB curls is a damn slow process and increasing reps is the better way to progress from session to session.

This
Once I get 9's or into double figures for 3 sets, I move up next session to the weight above, get what I can for 2-3 sets then go back to the weight below and get a few for a sets if I have time/ can be bothered as curlz are boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
been following this thread, thought i'd tell you how im doing now.

My 1 rep maxes
Barbell bench 90kg
deadlift 130kg
squat 110kg
DB incline 36kg

normally do 3x8 EZ bar curls
skull crushers 40kg 3x10
3x10 back shrugs 90kg

im 17 weigh about 77kg
Original post by gstarman
been following this thread, thought i'd tell you how im doing now.

My 1 rep maxes
Barbell bench 90kg
deadlift 130kg
squat 110kg
DB incline 36kg

normally do 3x8 EZ bar curls
skull crushers 40kg 3x10
3x10 back shrugs 90kg

im 17 weigh about 77kg

brotastic lifts

Quick Reply

Latest