The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Watched the pilot of Gotham, very good series, the police department is so corrupt.

If Bill Gates woke up and had Oprahs money and Oprah had his money he'd jump off his balcony.

I ain't talking bout rich, I'm talking bout wealthy.

Bill gates has very very fat stacks:wink:.
When is Gotham on UK TV? Been meaning to watch it, looks good
Original post by swarly
bruh out of the 1600 billlionaires in the world 7 are black. 1 is oprah. that leaves 6 others.

dat marginalisation doe.

But she is still reppin black people, with her fat stacks doe:cool: Started from the bottom is the story of her life:biggrin:
Tbf Black people are getting more wealthy and as Chris said we're new to this sort of wealth.

People like Kanye West help to an extent but their lyrics are just as hypocritical("I know spike lee gon kill me when I finish") and they know it as it makes them more money and keeps them relevant. They know what the community needs but they're more bothered in making their money.

All I'll say is buy a man a fish they'll eat for a day teach a man to fish they'll eat for a lifetime.

Also bought a lamb jalfrezzi today and tbh I still prefer Chinese, the spices just aren't of the right taste, Wilf you're a gasman, this is the best restaurant in my borough btw that I went to and I'd have made a better meal at home with rice and peas and stew.
Original post by Rk2k14
Bill gates has very very fat stacks:wink:.
When is Gotham on UK TV? Been meaning to watch it, looks good

October I hear.

Ain't it going to be on channel 5. I can't wait that long for it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
October I hear.

Ain't it going to be on channel 5. I can't wait that long for it.

Yeah its a **** take, it says October, but doesn't give a specific date. Why must we be tested in this way?:frown:
Original post by Wilfred Little
All of those are great except for Chinese. Chinese food (in this country) typically has poor quality meat and is covered in stinky sauces to hide the fact you're probably eating an AIDS infested dog.

Pizza is lovely but it's just one dish. Chippy is quality, but it's just chips with a pie, or battered fish, or saveloy at the end of the day. Nowhere near as varied as Indian cuisine.

:laugh:

I've eaten Chinese once in my life and I got food poisoning. Worst 3 days of my life.
Reply 6565
unsure whether to drop most of my savings on a Mercedes SLK or wait till I have a job.

srs.

help brahs.

it makes more sense to make small monthly payments instead of paying all at once aswell, right? you end up paying a little interest, but its more 'financially healthy'?
(edited 9 years ago)
I find Chinese food boring tbh, especially the dry dishes. Duck soup is amazing though.

Some people gonna think I'm blasphemic but being Asian and all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swarly
unsure whether to drop most of my savings on a Mercedes SLK or wait till I have a job.

srs.

help brahs.

you know the struggle brah.

get the mercedes.

i'm unsure whether to drop my savings on a rolex or to use it as part of my deposit for a house.
Original post by sr90

I've eaten Chinese once in my life and I got food poisoning. Worst 3 days of my life.

Lol I got food poisoning from an english shop. My place in london is nice, meat is juicy, tasty etc.
Original post by AR_95
I find Chinese food boring tbh, especially the dry dishes. Duck soup is amazing though.

Some people gonna think I'm blasphemic but being Asian and all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, south asian food is spicy but the spices aren't tasty, african spices are better. Problem with Asian food is that I compare it to african food and african food just wins. Chinese is a whole different dynamic. Depends on the restaurant you go to as well but my place is nice. I get the bbq sauce on top but even the dry one is nice. Also Wilf talking about stinky sauces yet goes to an indian. Strong consistency. If you leave indian food in your house it stays in the place for the next day and feels revolting. Too much garlic.

Basically I blew £10 on a lamb jalfreezi and pilau rice, it was goodish but what I get at a carribean shop or what my mum makes at home is better.
Indian food is GOAT, after fried chicken and chips.

Original post by Fizzel
What do you think about Gomorrah? I like the film, so I was curious.

Also went to see A Most Wanted Man, pretty impressed. Not a thrill ride but more a cagey and tense film. Not sure a good film is worth a cinema visit, more to do with visuals for me, but worthy of a watch for Seymour Hoffman alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was actually recommended Gomorrah like 2 weeks back, hearing really good things about it, haven't watched it yet though, will check it out soon now that you've reminded me.

Also reminds me to check out another ganster show in Peaky Blinders, it's based on crime in Birmingham in the early 1900's, you seen it Wilf? Remember reading this article on it a year back: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24047750

And I'll check it out, the director did The American which I thought was pretty mediocre but it's getting good reviews and the like.

Can;t believe Fincher and Nolan are having films out within the space of a few weeks of one another, respectively 2nd and 3rd in my favourite directors list, it's going to be awesome.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

:biggrin:

Can imagine. Tell a lie, I do sometimes eat Chinese, but there's a big shop near me called Wing Yip you can buy the ingredients in, may as well cook it myself.
Reply 6570
Original post by jam278
you know the struggle brah.

get the mercedes.

i'm unsure whether to drop my savings on a rolex or to use it as part of my deposit for a house.

no but seriously.

i know its not the most responsible thing to do but im gunna buy a car eventually so why not now.

plus it looks like a ****ing batmobile
Original post by Deshi
Indian food is GOAT, after fried chicken and chips.

This man knows his onions :cool:

Also reminds me to check out another ganster show in Peaky Blinders, it's based on crime in Birmingham in the early 1900's, you seen it Wilf? Remember reading this article on it a year back: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24047750

Yes mate, it is excellent, very gripping, definitely give it a watch. The new series starts this Thursday so now is the perfect time to catch up on series 1. It was criticised for the accents being a bit chaotic but I thought Cillian Murphy got it spot on considering he's not even English.
Archies and KFC. End of story:colone:
Reply 6573
lol saw this the other day and it killed me

'....all this time I thought I was eating chicken because I thought it was delicious turns out its just a genetic predisposition...' :rofl:
Reply 6574
'Life is an interesting journey; you never know where itll take you. Peaks and valleys, twists and turns, you can get the surprise of your life. Sometimes on the way to where you going you might think, this is the worst time in my life. But you know what, at the end of the road through all the adversity, if you can get where you wanted to be, you remember whatever dont kill you make you stronger, and all of the adversity was worth it. On your way to the top youll do anything. But how do you get your life back when you get there? Yeah thats my dilemma.'

- Monica T.I. knows.
Reply 6575
fuark man. this man literally fought out his skin. 49/1 underdog, defeating the myth of mike tyson.

its weird its probably the biggest sports upset of all time, yet the story behind it brings a smile to your face.

its reasons like this you watch sports.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swarly
fuark man. this man literally fought out his skin. 49/1 underdog, defeating the myth of mike tyson.

its weird its probably the biggest sports upset of all time, yet the story behind it brings a smile to your face.

its reasons like this you watch sports.

And this...
[video="youtube;pr76moW7Ojg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr76moW7Ojg[/video]
SOlid 2nd episode from Gotham , like it
Original post by Deshi
SOlid 2nd episode from Gotham , like it

Considered watching that but all my favourite programmes are starting again so I'm not sure if it's worth fitting in there!

Person of Interest, Big Bang Theory and CSI have just come back on.
But over the next month or so you have The Walking Dead and Grimm returning too!

Add that to the fact I'm doing a full time degree with part time work and drinking on the side, my options are somewhat limited :/
Original post by Lúcio
Considered watching that but all my favourite programmes are starting again so I'm not sure if it's worth fitting in there!

Person of Interest, Big Bang Theory and CSI have just come back on.
But over the next month or so you have The Walking Dead and Grimm returning too!

Add that to the fact I'm doing a full time degree with part time work and drinking on the side, my options are somewhat limited :/

Why am I not surprised. Don't think we can be mates anymore Luke.

Latest