The Student Room Group

Astrophysics

There much lab work in Physics with Astrophysics degrees courses?
Original post by emilyjordan56
There much lab work in Physics with Astrophysics degrees courses?

I'm in my second year of a physics with astrophysics at Leeds and in both first and second year, we had labs every week. Everyone does the same experiments on a rota basis in year 1 but there were no astrophysics specific ones. In year 2, it was similar however we have done 2 astrophysics experiments, one using the observatory to do some CDD imaging and one doing astrophotometry.

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by socialreject
I'm in my second year of a physics with astrophysics at Leeds and in both first and second year, we had labs every week. Everyone does the same experiments on a rota basis in year 1 but there were no astrophysics specific ones. In year 2, it was similar however we have done 2 astrophysics experiments, one using the observatory to do some CDD imaging and one doing astrophotometry.

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw thank you!!!! Does it take up a lot of your week then???? :smile:)))
aw thank you!!!! Does it take up a lot of your week then???? :smile:)))

It's not too bad; in first year we had 4 hours a week and did one experiment each week and this year we have 7 hours each week and do the experiments over two weeks but depending on the experiment, we don't necessarily stay for the entire 7 hours :-) where are you looking at studying? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by socialreject
It's not too bad; in first year we had 4 hours a week and did one experiment each week and this year we have 7 hours each week and do the experiments over two weeks but depending on the experiment, we don't necessarily stay for the entire 7 hours :-) where are you looking at studying? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh alright ok thank you!!!! :smile:))) The University Of Hull :smile:))) so with lab work and lectures and seminars how much does it take up????
oh alright ok thank you!!!! :smile:))) The University Of Hull :smile:))) so with lab work and lectures and seminars how much does it take up????

Nice! :smile: this year I've had 21 contact hours per week and last year it was around 18 then you'll most likely get coursework/assignments so it's a pretty full timetable but I prefer that because I'd probably end up sitting at home doing nothing otherwise! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending