The Student Room Group
Probably because there's not really a way you can use it without it sounding sexual? If I was talking to my friends and said 'Yeah me and my girlfriend were touching each other', then of course it sounds sexual.

Not all touching is sexual, but then you can easily just say what happened to make that known (We were holding hands, we hugged etc).

Not really a big deal in my eyes.
Reply 2
That's just the connotations that go with the phrase. What situations are there when all you do is touch/caress/rub someone and it's not intimate/sexual? Every other instance, as DivinityA said, is some other action where touching is implied.
Reply 3
Unless it happens to be a nurse or a doctor, how often is someone going to touch you and it not being sexual?
Reply 4
Original post by MylittlePlusle
When people talk about touching they are talking about sexual touching, why can't they put the word sexual before the word touching? Not all types of touching is sexual.
Not all 'touching' is sexual, what are you saying ? It highly depends on the context. And you can't just say touching and expect people to assume it's sexual, or at least that's the way in my world. When searching the word touching on TSR ( touching site:thestudentroom.co.uk ):
The old touching/ twirling hair thing.
Giving an object an electric charge by touching it
Now only will pinpoint more specific stuff :
If a guy keeps touching you - reckon it's on purpose? like if he keeps moving his leg/arms/hands next to yours and keeps it there?
I'm not a touchy-feely person and it annoys me so much when people touch me without asking. I know it may sound odd, but I just get really upset when someone touches my face without asking or gets too close to me.
I don't like this :sad: I'm a very touchy-feely person by nature, and I hate that if I touch people it might make them think I want to have sex with them. :sigh: Usually I hold in my urges, but nothing makes me happier than being able to hug and link arms with and just generally platonically touch other people. I wish it were more socially acceptable to do this :lol: I probably sound so creepy now >.<
Reply 6
not all touching is sexual on both sides take care who you touch if they do not allow this it could be prison or a black eye?

Latest

Trending

Trending