The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Postgraduate Non-resident new to York - choosing college

I've been asked to choose a college and I am considering Alcuin. As a non-resident postgraduate (distance learning) student - I will spend weeks physically away and then intensive weeks when I am in York catching up on my work. During this time I will be visiting my department (social policy), using the library, the gym, eating and drinking. So the least important factor is nightlife. I would like a college that makes an attempt to keep its non-resident students a part of the life and soul of college spirit.

I am thinking that given its location to my department that perhaps Alcuin is a good fit. However is there anything I am missing? I am new to York university. I might eventually go from distance learning to being a full time postgraduate and so I feel my college choice is important. I wasn't aware I would need to choose one and so I am going in pretty blind here. Any advice would be great. Many thanks!
Original post by troojyan
I've been asked to choose a college and I am considering Alcuin. As a non-resident postgraduate (distance learning) student - I will spend weeks physically away and then intensive weeks when I am in York catching up on my work. During this time I will be visiting my department (social policy), using the library, the gym, eating and drinking. So the least important factor is nightlife. I would like a college that makes an attempt to keep its non-resident students a part of the life and soul of college spirit.

I am thinking that given its location to my department that perhaps Alcuin is a good fit. However is there anything I am missing? I am new to York university. I might eventually go from distance learning to being a full time postgraduate and so I feel my college choice is important. I wasn't aware I would need to choose one and so I am going in pretty blind here. Any advice would be great. Many thanks!

Hey Wentworth college is specifically for postgrads, however alcuin is right next to the library and is where medical students are placed so it is quite quiet to cater for their placements, so either would be a good option for you :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending