The Student Room Group

Girlfriend birthday present ideas?

Hi,

I'm thinking what to get for my girlfriend 21st birthday. For my own b-day she spent about £50 on presents and we did an "experience day" but it was quite expensive so I paid for my own half.

I was thinking of buying her a bungee jump (I pay for everything) and then just a card and something nice to eat.

Would this be OK as the spending would be comparable to my own birthday? I don't earn very much btw and she doesnt either.

Or should I get her a physical present item too?

(by the way I've never thought presents are about spending but the nice thought :smile: )

Feel free to give some good ideas too!
Reply 1
Clearly you do think it's about the spending as you're keen to ensure that your present will be of equal value to what she got you. How can we advise you on what to get your girlfriend? We don't know her. She could equally love or hate bungee jumping; I don't know.

As a general idea however, yes, I think that is a perfectly nice present for someone.
Reply 2
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Clearly you do think it's about the spending as you're keen to ensure that your present will be of equal value to what she got you. How can we advise you on what to get your girlfriend? We don't know her. She could equally love or hate bungee jumping; I don't know.

As a general idea however, yes, I think that is a perfectly nice present for someone.

I don't think it's about spending but I feel my girlfriend does. She has a very tight budget but she still saves hundreds just for presents..

I'd personally be happy if someone just cooked me a nice meal on my birthday.
I have to admit I wouldn't buy someone I'm sleeping with a bungee jump...

Rather than pursue something gimmicky, go for the old favourites: jewellery and flowers are classics for a reason. Maybe cook her a favourite meal? When in doubt, something that shows you care always beats going out on a limb and having that limb break.

Anyway, this is the last sensible suggestion you're likely to get because these 'what shall I get my x for their birthday' threads are an open goal for those of us with sex on the brain.
I think your idea is great if you think that that suits her personality. You could always pick up a cheap picture frame and then put a collage of pictures in it of you and her together- that way she will have an experience and a physical present.
I think it's a great present. The same old things get boring, but this is a menory that she can cherish. There's no need for a physical present, maybe give her something physical for the next occasion that comes up so she has some stuff from you. And to be honest, if you get both then you're sort of doing it all in one go so you'll have less stuff to think of for future occasions plus you raise expectations!
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I have to admit I wouldn't buy someone I'm sleeping with a bungee jump...

Rather than pursue something gimmicky, go for the old favourites: jewellery and flowers are classics for a reason. Maybe cook her a favourite meal? When in doubt, something that shows you care always beats going out on a limb and having that limb break.

Anyway, this is the last sensible suggestion you're likely to get because these 'what shall I get my x for their birthday' threads are an open goal for those of us with sex on the brain.

As a girl, I disagree - nice enough though the 'classics' are they seem boring and thoughtless, like something you're doing just because it's a romantic relationship. Something different shows thought into you as a person and what you'd like.
Plus, I see no reason why you'd rule things out just cos you're sleeping with someone - you can be friends as well as partners!
Reply 7
What about a night a a posh hotel and some sexy underwear. That way you benefit too!
Reply 8
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Unfortunately all the bungee jumps are sold out for the next 2 weeks :frown:

But here's what I've kinda decided to get her:
-Indoor skydiving (in case you don't know what it is, you go in a tunnel under a massive fan and float in the air!)
-Meal in her favourite restaurant
-A card with home made muffins

Does it sound ok? :smile:
Original post by esc0bar
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Unfortunately all the bungee jumps are sold out for the next 2 weeks :frown:

But here's what I've kinda decided to get her:
-Indoor skydiving (in case you don't know what it is, you go in a tunnel under a massive fan and float in the air!)
-Meal in her favourite restaurant
-A card with home made muffins

Does it sound ok? :smile:

If she's into that sort of thing (skydiving) then yeah, it's nice and thoughtful :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by esc0bar
Hi,

I'm thinking what to get for my girlfriend 21st birthday. For my own b-day she spent about £50 on presents and we did an "experience day" but it was quite expensive so I paid for my own half.

I was thinking of buying her a bungee jump (I pay for everything) and then just a card and something nice to eat.

Would this be OK as the spending would be comparable to my own birthday? I don't earn very much btw and she doesnt either.

Or should I get her a physical present item too?

(by the way I've never thought presents are about spending but the nice thought :smile: )

Feel free to give some good ideas too!

I've read somewhere that if you're stuck on presents for someone's birthday, you should get them 3. Something funny, something homemade and something meaningful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending