The Student Room Group

A2 English langauge

If I got a C last year for a/s as my overall grade but got a high B for my coursework at A2 and a B in the exam could I still get a C grade overall?
Original post by Cfizzle18
If I got a C last year for a/s as my overall grade but got a high B for my coursework at A2 and a B in the exam could I still get a C grade overall?

Hi there :smile:

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long for a reply.

I can't really answer without knowing your UMS scores, but you may be able to work it out your self. In general the UMS boundaries are as follows; for AS C=180 and a B=210 whereas for the full A-level a C=360 and a B=420 so if you manage to get a high B in the exam it's possible that you will have enough UMS for a B grade overall.
Reply 2
Hi ,thanks for replying :smile: I got 122 last year as my overall A/S mark and I was told I got a B grade this year on my course work but I have recently been informed that it's only a C :frown: and I'm really stressing out

QUOTE=Picture~Perfect;47546081]Hi there :smile:

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long for a reply.

I can't really answer without knowing your UMS scores, but you may be able to work it out your self. In general the UMS boundaries are as follows; for AS C=180 and a B=210 whereas for the full A-level a C=360 and a B=420 so if you manage to get a high B in the exam it's possible that you will have enough UMS for a B grade overall.
Original post by Cfizzle18
Hi ,thanks for replying :smile: I got 122 last year as my overall A/S mark and I was told I got a B grade this year on my course work but I have recently been informed that it's only a C :frown: and I'm really stressing out

I was just looking over the grade boundaries I gave you and I gave you the wrong ones by mistake, I'm sorry about that.
For English language a C grade is 120 UMS and a B grade 140 UMS for AS and for the full A-level it's 240 for a C and 280 for a B.

I'm assuming you need to get a B grade overall?
Have you tired talking to your teacher about this? I don't know if its possible but you may be able to make some alterations to you coursework and attempt to get a higher mark.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest