The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgrad Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaypeekaypee
Anyone has tips on accommodation for postgrad students with families?
I'm looking at ranmoor but was told that the path to school is incredibly hilly and contrary to what the uni website says, is walkable only if you want a work-out everytime you head to school.
My only alternative then would be the ones in the city centre? Would they be noisy? Considering that I have a young kid in tow, I would want a place that's preferably quiet and which isn't too far from amenities so that my wife has things to occupy herself during the day when I'm in school.

Hi,

The walk to Campus from Ranmoor takes about 25-30 minutes. Its downhill all the way to the University and uphill back, although I personally don't consider the hill to be all that steep, more of a gentle incline (I used to live at Endcliffe myself, which is virtually next to Ranmoor only about five minutes closer to the campus , so I am speaking from experience here).

Ranmoor is regarded as one of our quieter student communities, and is the location of the majority of our postgrad and family accommodation. It is also close to Broomhill, which has plenty of cafes, shops, restaurants and a couple of small supermarkets. There are also very good bus connections to the city centre from Ranmoor, so if you did want to get into the city centre that wouldn't be an issue.

I hope that gives you a clearer picture of what Ranmoor is like! Any more questions, just let me know.

Best wishes

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending