The Student Room Group

Muslim father beats daughter for dating a white

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'll never understand a "community" that rates what other people think above the happiness of your family.

This
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Dating is not allowed in Islam. Period.

although beating with a baseball bat (was it?) is a bit excessive.

Ahh, i see... but beating a child is?
Reply 62
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'll never understand a "community" that rates what other people think above the happiness of your family.

Having grown up in a family that is surrounded by such a 'community', I couldn't agree more.
The girl sounds like a nightmare tbh. She sends her dad to jail and then leaves the house at 16 to be with some dumb boy who will in all likelihood dump her.

Don't get me wrong, beating with a tennis wracket isn't the way to go but I would never call the police on my parents let alone be so disobedient that I'd leave the house for some girl

Feel sorry for her parents.
Original post by NathalieGW
And muslims wonder why we give them a bad name :-\

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184351/David-Frances-Champion-Parents-jailed-battering-daughter-just-black-boyfriend.html

uh yeah.....

edit: college dropout beat me to it
Reply 65
LOL at you narrow minded people always attacking Islam when some Muslim does something wrong.
Learn to distinguish between "culture and religion".

Original post by College_Dropout
Is it natural to be a idiot? Or did it happen over time?

I am a white British and I am glad they got jailed for that. I HATE racist people.
Original post by Charl :)
I am a white British and I am glad they got jailed for that. I HATE racist people.

So what?
Im glad both pairs of people got their day in court for it. None the less I dont accuse the entire British culture of being dumb and backwards like you do, talk about being ignorant. Not racist? Im not sure about that considering you just labelled nearly 200m people as dumb and backwards.
Original post by 2ndClass
The girl sounds like a nightmare tbh. She sends her dad to jail and then leaves the house at 16 to be with some dumb boy who will in all likelihood dump her.

Don't get me wrong, beating with a tennis wracket isn't the way to go but I would never call the police on my parents let alone be so disobedient that I'd leave the house for some girl

Feel sorry for her parents.

Sounds like the dad deserved it. And sounds like a smart decision to leave a toxic environment. Also you don't know for sure if they will end up breaking up.

Have you ever been in a situation similar to the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its really sad we still view different parts of the world as if they were a different species.

It all stems from fear, even in Religion I believe people feared people different to there own that's why such defensive rules were made.

Mankind's greatest weakness is fear of we cannot control, fear of the unknown.
Reply 70
Where u from? Just wondering cuz thus happened in blackburn an I live not far from blackburn...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Sounds like the dad deserved it. And sounds like a smart decision to leave a toxic environment. Also you don't know for sure if they will end up breaking up.

Have you ever been in a situation similar to the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How realistically do you think this guy will stay with her for the foreseeable future? how long do the majority of teen relationships even last? she threw a way her family for some dumb boy and this "episode" will always blight their relationship. As she matures she will regret it imo

And I don't think he did it out of racism, or even religious bigotry. If it was a Muslim boy his reaction would've been the same. Dating and potentially having sex at 14 is a nightmare for most parents. But add a deeply conservative family into the mix, I can understand him going off like that.
Reply 72
Original post by rupsam88
of course its on Daily Mail!

The fact it's from the Daily Mail is irrelevant because i'm sure the story would be the same in any other newspaper, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum.

I don't see what politics has to do with this.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Dating is not allowed in Islam. Period.

although beating with a baseball bat (was it?) is a bit excessive.

So that justifies him beating her? :s-smilie:

That is shocking, however it is more common in muslim households. Atleast, there have been more reports of domestic violence and honor killings amongst muslims, than white british.

However, just because there are fewer reports, doesn't mean it isn't as common but i personally doubt it. I think muslim fathers are particularly strict towards their daughters and even sons to a degree
(edited 9 years ago)
How realistically do you think this guy will stay with her for the foreseeable future? how long do the majority of teen relationships even last? she threw a way her family for some dumb boy and this "episode" will always blight their relationship. As she matures she will regret it imo

And I don't think he did it out of racism, or even religious bigotry. If it was a Muslim boy his reaction would've been the same. Dating and potentially having sex at 14 is a nightmare for most parents. But add a deeply conservative family into the mix, I can understand him going off like that.

You did not answer my question whether you've been in that position.

Sure it may not last but at least she's safe. Somehow I doubt she would be if she did what her parents asked and she stayed home. In any case unless you know the boy personally then you know nothing.

As for regrets I doubt she will regret it. Some guilt maybe but I doubt there will be regret.

Personally I don't really care if he did it out of racism or whatever but the fact that he was willing to hurt his child shows what he is as a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Mino-
'You have no faith in God. I'm going to kill you before the community find out': Muslim father slapped and beat his 14-year-old daughter with a tennis racquet when she started dating white boy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626182/You-no-faith-God-Im-going-kill-community-Muslim-father-slapped-beat-14-year-old-daughter-tennis-racquet-started-dating-white-boy.html

Another Islamist savage.
He could have been sensible and sat her down before conversing with her calmly about it, even if it's against Islam (and all Muslims on here should have the same opinion, if they truly regard their religion as the religion of peace).
Original post by donutaud15
You did not answer my question whether you've been in that position.

Sure it may not last but at least she's safe. Somehow I doubt she would be if she did what her parents asked and she stayed home. In any case unless you know the boy personally then you know nothing.

As for regrets I doubt she will regret it. Some guilt maybe but I doubt there will be regret.

Personally I don't really care if he did it out of racism or whatever but the fact that he was willing to hurt his child shows what he is as a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What position? of running away with my eternal love and forsaking my family in the process? err no

Second, you tell me that I know nothing about the situation but then you proceed to speculate that she's better away from them and she won't regret her decision :hmmmm:

Get real.
What position? of running away with my eternal love and forsaking my family in the process? err no

Second, you tell me that I know nothing about the situation but then you proceed to speculate that she's better away from them and she won't regret her decision :hmmmm:

Get real.

My nan and grandad met when she was 15 was married with a baby at 19, my mum met my dad at 17 and married at 19, young relationships can work...
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
My nan and grandad met when she was 15 was married with a baby at 19, my mum met my dad at 17 and married at 19, young relationships can work...

Yep, your anecdotal example completely refutes the point :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending